Would a close game sunday 7 pts or fewer be a moral victory for you? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Would a close game sunday 7 pts or fewer be a moral victory for you?

snake eyes

Practice Squad
Reaction score
A shocking win would be amazing and unlikely but if the Dolphins manage a respectable loss will that soothe some of your concerns or is it all about the "Ws"?

To me there are no moral victories, you either win and you are a Winner, or you lose and then you are a Loser

I think we can flat out win! great! If we're in it till the end and Tanne plays great, then that'll be my moral victory...

I'll be happy if we just escape this game without any major injuries and Philbin doesn't fist pump any field goals.

Absolutely!!! I think if the defense plays great, our OL opens up running lanes and gives RT time to throw, and RT has one or fewer turnovers then yes I think a 6 or 7 point loss to a superbowl contender in their house would be a moral victory. Of course it would have to be followed up by wins vs two very subpar teams the following two weeks, but to answer your question YES, I would start out next monday excited and happy about the season with a 7 pt loss.

I think only people who don't understand our position, and how good Houston is, would not consider a close loss in their house on opening day a moral victory.

Dad in me says yes. As I get older, moral victories have a greater tendancy to creep in.

I remember the Colts game from a few years back, we crushed the Colts in every aspect of the game, except we could not stop Manning at the end to only lose.

The Saints game couple seasons back where we had a huge lead at half and to only let it slip away assisted by a blown TD call for the saints

So my answer is no, I want a Victory by points every game!

I think we can flat out win! great! If we're in it till the end and Tanne plays great, then that'll be my moral victory...

How did Henne's moral victory in his debut worked out for him? (he actually won but people even myself saw it was an all around victory that we can build up on)

Back
Top Bottom