Would Anyone be Opposed to this First Round? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Would Anyone be Opposed to this First Round?

IF we trade up and lose 19, I'd pick Tua at #2 and LT Trey Adams with our last 1st rounder

IF we don't have to trade up for Tua

1.Tua QB
2.Kenneth Murray MLB
3. Trey Adams LT/RT

I think if Tua is their selection and he is able to throw before the draft the Dolphins will have to trade up to select him. Unfortunately it will probably cost them their fifth, one of their other first round picks and likely a second round pick.

I don’t think an injury prone Tua is worth trading up for but if the Dolphins really want him I think one of the teams ahead of them in the draft will be open to trade their pick to the highest bidder. I would rather the Dolphins keep all their picks and build the offensive line and the defense but the Tua crowd would have a mass riot if another team moves up in the draft and takes Tua.

I thought a healthy Tua was one of the best college QB’s I have seen in over 60 years of watching college football. I just don’t trust that he will stay healthy in the NFL.
If Miami does draft Tua, I think you have to expect that he will miss some games even with a Dallas Cowboys type line.

But I do think he is a special talent at the position. The drop from Tua to Herbert and Love seems pretty significant.

With Etienne returning to Clemson I would sign Jordan Howard and add a back, maybe AJ Dillion, in the 3rd round or later. I like Swift, but really have a hard time selecting between Taylor, Swift and Dobbins. That means I would likely tell myself why take one of the three in the 1st round if the others will be available in the 2nd round. I would likely miss out on the top three backs all together. Running two bulldozers like Howard and Dillon could really wear down defenses.
I like Dillon as well. I think Swift, Taylor and Dobbins are all potential late #1 or early #2's.

IF we trade up and lose 19, I'd pick Tua at #2 and LT Trey Adams with our last 1st rounder

IF we don't have to trade up for Tua

1.Tua QB
2.Kenneth Murray MLB
3. Trey Adams LT/RT
That seems high for Adams, but I get the position need. Murray is interesting.

No. Tua at 5, I can see that happening, but after that, it should be a combination of DE/CB/OLine for the next two picks. There are enough quality running backs in the top 4 rated for at least 1 if not 3 of them being available with our 1st pick of round 2.
I think that is very likely. As much as Miami needs offensive linemen, I think the team goes there in the second and third rounds, plus free agency.

I have a lot of respect for SF Dolphins Fan's posts, but I admit I do not like this first round.
I am cooling to Tua- if he is healthy, then Ok at 5; sometimes you just have to grab your marbles and go for it. If it doesn't work out, you died trying.
No to Jefferson at 18. I think this is a pick we try to trade down and gain some more picks with. If we are going to pick a receiver at 18, he needs to be a dynamic one who offers something we don't have already, like Ruggs with the speed. Otherwise, I wouldn't really look at a receiver at all(although I love Reid WR from Virginia in round 5 or 6)
There are some edge guys all through the draft, I don't think an edge guy is a priority in round one; a round one edge guy needs to be a 4 down guy. There are other one trick ponies who can rush(Coleman from Syracuse, Huff from Memphis) who can be had later and be rotated in for the rush. If there is a solid 3 down edge guy then OK, but I would try to trade 18.
Tough to call who will be left at 26. So hard to project this pick.
There are good linemen who will be available in rounds 2 and 3; if a tackle slides and we can grab one at 18 or 26 then OK, but definitely no reaching.

I don't mind going RB and WR after Tua, but not with those two players. For RB I like Dobbins, Taylor or Edwards-Helaire way better and we can get one of those in the 2nd round, pretty sure of that. For Wideout, Jefferson is a nice player but I wouldn't take a "nice" player in round 1, Lamb, Juedy, Shenault and Aiyuk are all great fits and I would go there along with Tee Higgins before Jefferson.

What we can afford to do post Tua (which hopefully we don't mess up) is pick BPA, if BPA is a wideout or rb then go ahead and take him.

I do believe average offensive lineman will be drafted ahead of elite skill players. I don’t want Miami to be one of these teams. I’m all about building the trenches but you cannot draft for need and leave the elite prospect on the board.

So for me, assuming 2 OL are signed in FA

5) Tua
18) Ruggs
26) Dobbins

Use your 2’s on corn.

I do believe average offensive lineman will be drafted ahead of elite skill players. I don’t want Miami to be one of these teams. I’m all about building the trenches but you cannot draft for need and leave the elite prospect on the board.

5) Tua
18) Ruggs
26) Dobbins

Use your 2’s on corn.
That's essentially my thinking. I remember this board a few years back. Almost no one was behind taking an offensive lineman in the first. The Jimmy Johnson theory was often used as a defense.

Now, I've seen some fans mocking two in round 1. Believe me, I get the need. I'm just hoping the team can actually hit on a few in the middle rounds like other teams do.

5) Tua
18) Ruggs
26) Dobbins

Use your 2’s on corn.
Not the direction I would go. But this would be a very easy pill to swallow.

Not the direction I would go. But this would be a very easy pill to swallow.

I’m just going alone with the OP and making my own assumptions about Miami going ape **** in free agency. Really this is all fun until free agency sorts itself out.

Back
Top Bottom