Would Anyone be Opposed to this First Round? | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Would Anyone be Opposed to this First Round?

First off I think it’s tough to say without seeing our free agent signings. If we went nuts in FA and landed Thuney, Conklin, and Judon and spent a ton of money (super unlikely to land 3 marquee FAs). Then I could get on board with getting a QB and Skill position guys. Not a fan of drafting a WR high in this years deep WR class though. Tua and Swift with Biadasz/Josh Jones/MekhiBecton would make me happy though.

Imagine if we stay put and land a qb who works out and we get to keep our picks this year and next...a man can dream!

Imagine if we stay put and land a qb who works out and we get to keep our picks this year and next...a man can dream!

Yeah really we have to pay attention to free agency, See if teams like the Chargers sign a big name or if they stay put... Until all that it is just rough speculation

As others have said despite the temptation due to the quality available we should not be looking at a WR or RB in the first round, and probably not the second either (unless a real talent inexplicably drops). We are such a hot mess in other vital areas, and with the relative strentgh of our exisitng WRs and and the current low value of RBs in the league (especially when you have an abysmal OL) w should be focusing on those other parts of the field.

As others have said despite the temptation due to the quality available we should not be looking at a WR or RB in the first round, and probably not the second either (unless a real talent inexplicably drops). We are such a hot mess in other vital areas, and with the relative strentgh of our exisitng WRs and and the current low value of RBs in the league (especially when you have an abysmal OL) w should be focusing on those other parts of the field.
Agree plus we need a Safety overhaul.
Redhead probably salary cap cut and McCain should be back to slot.

Imagine the movement in FA....

Panthers sign Teddy Bridgewater
Chargers sign Brady and stay at 6 to draft Herbert.
Bucs sign Phillip Rivers and draft Eason in 2
Colts sign Cam Newton and draft Love in 2
LV rolls with Carr and drafts Cee Dee lamb
Ten signs Tannehill
Mariota goes to NE
Not sure what to do with Winston.

Miami gets to stay at 5

I say sit still and let the draft happen. If when we pick at #5 both Burrow and Tua are gone then snag Justin Herbert with the 5th pick. He is impressing at the Sr Bowl, has great stats and is not injured in any way. Herbert could end up better than both Burrow and Tua. Nobody knows who will have the best NFL career. It could be Love, Fromm or a guy with a smaller reputation. Remember, Giovanni Carmazzi, QB Hofstra, Chris Redman, Marc Bulger, Tee Martin and the legendary Spergon Wynn QB Minn. were all drafted ahead of Tom Brady. It's tough to have the 5th pick so I say make sure you get an elite QB right there. Then build the trenches like we all know has to happen. Somewhere please snag a great RB, it's vital to a Fitz led offense and that's what we got, at least for a while.

Best comment in a while, Love or Herbert could become better that TUA and Burrow, you never know, the staff has to check work ethics, character and a lot of other things. stay put and let the draft unfold. fins up :)

Thanks! realdolphin, I think the more that you look at Tua, you see a kid who's body is breaking down from the hits he's taking at the collegiate level. If he is injury prone in school, logic would dictate that he won't survive the far more brutal hits he'll take in the NFL. Herbert has all the tools to be a big time franchise QB. I still prefer Tua because I think he's Russell Wilson, only better. But, our Docs have to sign off on that hip.

Thanks! realdolphin, I think the more that you look at Tua, you see a kid who's body is breaking down from the hits he's taking at the collegiate level. If he is injury prone in school, logic would dictate that he won't survive the far more brutal hits he'll take in the NFL. Herbert has all the tools to be a big time franchise QB. I still prefer Tua because I think he's Russell Wilson, only better. But, our Docs have to sign off on that hip.
Russel Wilson?

I guess you are basing that primarily on stature because other than that, they aren't that similar.

Early in his career, Wilson made a living out of scrambling, ans leaving the pocket to buy time, and create, using his legs to threaten Ds.

Do you really want Tua doing that?

Not any more. He won't last. I see more similarities than you do but it doesn't mean I'm right. Both guys are smaller than perfect size yet both are great athletes with uncanny abilities to improvise from the QB position. Both guys are alpha leaders who read defenses very quickly and get a lot of business done pre-snap. Both guys have huge hearts and are winners. Both elevate the entire team around them. Both have off the charts accuracy and the ability to bring their team back in the 4th quarter. Tua is a very mature and grounded kid and health permitted may even have a better career than Wilson. I want him to be the Dolphin's QB and lead us to Super Bowls. If he's healthy and we get him it would be so amazing! That's what I'm hoping for.

Imagine the movement in FA....

Panthers sign Teddy Bridgewater
Chargers sign Brady and stay at 6 to draft Herbert.
Bucs sign Phillip Rivers and draft Eason in 2
Colts sign Cam Newton and draft Love in 2
LV rolls with Carr and drafts Cee Dee lamb
Ten signs Tannehill
Mariota goes to NE
Not sure what to do with Winston.

Miami gets to stay at 5
There's going to be a lot of quarterback movement for sure. If Brady leaves the Patriots, I could see Bridgewater signing there. If not for his personality (leadership?), I'd explore Cam Newton.

Best comment in a while, Love or Herbert could become better that TUA and Burrow, you never know, the staff has to check work ethics, character and a lot of other things. stay put and let the draft unfold. fins up :)
I wouldn't be surprised if Fromm turns out to be one of the better quarterbacks from this draft. He doesn't wow with his arm, but he's smart, accurate and can throw with anticipation. Plus, he likely ends up with a team that maybe doesn't need him to start right away.

Back
Top Bottom