Would anyone have a problem with us drafting DURANT BROOKS P GA Tech in the 6th/7th | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Would anyone have a problem with us drafting DURANT BROOKS P GA Tech in the 6th/7th

ssnjamerson

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
I have seen this guy kick alot seeing as Ga Tech comes on TV here every Saturday. He is ranked 1 out of 53 kickers on Scout.com. He runs a 5.2 / 40 yd dash. Just kidding I hope he wont be running often. But Fields is not a very good Punter and I think we should look into replacing him.Durant Brooks In 2007 recieved ACC 1st team honors, The Ray Guy award to the nations best punter, 5th in nation with a 45.06 yd average on 65 punts for 2,929 yds , his long was 77 yds , he had 9 touchbacks but 33 were downed inside the 20, only 1 kick blocked, 21 fair catches/19 returns for 111yds an average of 5.84, 30 of his punts were 50 yards or more. Bill Parcells and CO. love Special Teamers and this guy will make our Defense job easier. Id normally be against taking a punter at all in the draft , but our team last year Fields punted 77 times , 6 touchbacks for a 7.8% rate, only 10 inside the 20 for a 13.7% rate. We gave up terrible field position not only due to a bad offense but a bad kick game as well. I think it would vastly improve our special teams and opponents field position not putting so much pressure on our D. Do you think this guy is worth at least a 6th/7th round pick. I think scout.com had him rated a 4th round prospect but Ive not seen anyof the experts put him in a mock before the 6th

I thought Fields was ok but nothing special. I also like a punter named Dragosavich from North Dakota State....I know he can boot it in cold weather. Usually you can sign these guys as FA's.

Without even reading what you posted, no disrespect because I will in a second, I wouldn't have a problem drafting anyone in the 6th/7th as long as we got Brown (see sig for who he is)

I'd have no problem with it. Fields is too inconsistent for me. I'm fuzzy on the details, but I seem to remember the GT punter making an amazing play in one of the games I watched (their bowl game perhaps?). I remember thinking after that play... geez I wish this kid punted for the Dolphins.

pass. with all the needs we have on this team punter should be the least of our concerns, punters can be had cheap in FA, and there are usually a few punters that become FA's from other teams every year, not worth a pick.

if he is there in the sixth, yes take him he is too good too pass up.
Always a fan of upgrading and at the sixth round and above its a crapshoot.

I have seen this guy kick alot seeing as Ga Tech comes on TV here every Saturday. He is ranked 1 out of 53 kickers on Scout.com. He runs a 5.2 / 40 yd dash. Just kidding I hope he wont be running often. But Fields is not a very good Punter and I think we should look into replacing him.Durant Brooks In 2007 recieved ACC 1st team honors, The Ray Guy award to the nations best punter, 5th in nation with a 45.06 yd average on 65 punts for 2,929 yds , his long was 77 yds , he had 9 touchbacks but 33 were downed inside the 20, only 1 kick blocked, 21 fair catches/19 returns for 111yds an average of 5.84, 30 of his punts were 50 yards or more. Bill Parcells and CO. love Special Teamers and this guy will make our Defense job easier. Id normally be against taking a punter at all in the draft , but our team last year Fields punted 77 times , 6 touchbacks for a 7.8% rate, only 10 inside the 20 for a 13.7% rate. We gave up terrible field position not only due to a bad offense but a bad kick game as well. I think it would vastly improve our special teams and opponents field position not putting so much pressure on our D. Do you think this guy is worth at least a 6th/7th round pick. I think scout.com had him rated a 4th round prospect but Ive not seen anyof the experts put him in a mock before the 6th

Fields was so frustrating to watch, on important kicks he'd shank them on others he'd boom them. There's nothing wrong with bringing in competition for any position. If the guy plays on Sunday he needs to be the best player we can put out there.

Back
Top Bottom