Would Jason Garrett make senses as the OC. | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Would Jason Garrett make senses as the OC.

Would he be an upgrade...yes.
Would he the the answer....no.

Worst all it seems Flores is the biggest problem with the offense as he CLEARLY know little about offensive football yet overpowers his offensive staff. Competent staff resigns which leaves us with "yes" men on the offensive side of the ball. Garret unfortunately is a "yes" man, thus he would not be able to change the main problem. That problem is we need someone to tell Flores to SHUT THE **** UP.
Don't we have that man in Greir? - LOL

I don’t consider him as an upgrade. He is no better than the 2 headed OC’s the Dolphins have now. He did absolutely nothing to make the Giants better offensively and he only lasted as long as he did as the Cowboys HC because he did exactly what Jones told him to do.

Experience means nothing if you just aren’t good at your job and Garrett isn’t good at being an OC or a HC.
If what you say is correct and he did what the owner told him to do, then we don't know how he'll fair as a HC. Going from that kind of situation was not likely to prepare him for real world coaching, which apparently is what happened with the giants.

It would be interesting to hear how he would like to handle an OC position with the players we have, what he feels we need to do via the draft and FA and specifically how he would approach play calling. Then we would have a more useful handle on if it's likely he would be an effective OC.

That's probably a good approach for whomever we pick for an OC, assuming we make any changes at all.

I'd rather bring in Mrs. Garrett.

View attachment 88897
Great pic from the past - thx for sharing. That's actually Jason's Mom encouraging Dak Prescott in his early Dallas Cowboy days when he wore pigtails. Dak said that she taught us the facts of life but like her son, was more of a quarterback hugger than a quarterback whisperer.

Last edited:
The one change that's definitely needed is a new, experienced offensive line coach.
This may not be a popular opinion, but depending on how the offense plays the final six games, I might stick with the current OC'S.
Just so hard to grade them with the struggles of the offensive line. Some positives, such as the scripted plays on the first drive etc.
Lots of perceived negatives, lack of a running game, the wildcat, the use of Waddle...but how much of that is the offensive line play?
In other words, with a successful offensive line coach would the current OC'S be successful?
I think I agree with all of those points. :-) :)

Should Miami consider upgrading the OC job by adding Jason Garrett in the offseason. You get a coach with experience and a degree of success. You also get a coach with head coaching experience so if you need move on from Flores at some point you have a guy in building that knows how to be an NFL head coach and you're not just getting back to another on the job training situation. You could argue how good or how bad Garrett is as an OC or head coach, but at least he has experience and would be an upgrade over where we are right now.
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not a fan of Garret. Everyone wants an upgrade at all of the assistant coach positions. There's currently not one of them that are truly top level NFL caliber coaches. Flo will not be able bring any legitimate Oline coach, OC or DC board because of the potential one year period remaining for substantial team improvement. No good coach is going to take a one year deal.
Ross will need to find a new HC to upgrade the assist ranks.

He as usual was being sarcastic so I played along.

Don't a lot of these fans want Watson who threw a hissy because he couldn't play gm in Houston?
Yep. Right after he signed on the dotted line for a long term extension when the Texans backed up the Brinks truck…

That, combined with all the sexual assault allegations, just screams “this is the guy I want to build my team around” — doesn’t it?

Back
Top Bottom