Would Jason Garrett make senses as the OC. | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Would Jason Garrett make senses as the OC.

Not a fan personally.. question how come he didn’t run hurry up or even speed things up against Tampa? They were down multiple scores and play clock was getting to like 3 seconds.

I will say this though if Flo is still here and he makes yet another OC. Its going to be someone like that or what Dallas did- a flyer on a name because I doubt anyone really good and established would come here.
“Upgrade”???? Hahaha, hell no Hahahahaha

1637813092333.gif

Should Miami consider upgrading the OC job by adding Jason Garrett in the offseason. You get a coach with experience and a degree of success. You also get a coach with head coaching experience so if you need move on from Flores at some point you have a guy in building that knows how to be an NFL head coach and you're not just getting back to another on the job training situation. You could argue how good or how bad Garrett is as an OC or head coach, but at least he has experience and would be an upgrade over where we are right now.
.Someone with experience who has been a head coach and can take over if Flores fails? Everything you are describing is exactly what Flores doesn’t want

Last edited:
They should not bring anyone in on offense not approved by Tua. They should not just go out and hire an offensive coordinator even if Andy Reid is willing to come in. No, not without Tua's approval.

They should not bring anyone in on offense not approved by Tua. They should not just go out and hire an offensive coordinator even if Andy Reid is willing to come in. No, not without Tua's approval.
Yawn......

We clearly need to upgrade and have significantly more experience at many of the coaching positions...especially OC. I doubt that Flo is going anywhere are the end of the year, so assuming that is correct, I would extend him and then make the OC gig one of the highest paid in the NFL. We need to attract someone with their own coaching tree that can help with our position coaching needs and upgrade coaching throughout the organization. This will likely only happen if Ross demands it....which is a sucker bet.

Would he be an upgrade...yes.
Would he the the answer....no.

Worst all it seems Flores is the biggest problem with the offense as he CLEARLY know little about offensive football yet overpowers his offensive staff. Competent staff resigns which leaves us with "yes" men on the offensive side of the ball. Garret unfortunately is a "yes" man, thus he would not be able to change the main problem. That problem is we need someone to tell Flores to SHUT THE **** UP.

I dont think its possible to be intelligent defensively without understanding offense to some degree.

Should Miami consider upgrading the OC job by adding Jason Garrett in the offseason. You get a coach with experience and a degree of success. You also get a coach with head coaching experience so if you need move on from Flores at some point you have a guy in building that knows how to be an NFL head coach and you're not just getting back to another on the job training situation. You could argue how good or how bad Garrett is as an OC or head coach, but at least he has experience and would be an upgrade over where we are right now.
I wonder if the question should be, do we want to change coaches in the middle of a season, with all the potential disruption it could cause, or should we wait until the season is over to pick from a wider range of coaching choices and with minimal disruption.

I believe that changing a system can be done more effectively during the off-season than during the season.

That is when I feel changes in coaching are more appropriate and will have a more substantial effect on the team.

Back
Top Bottom