Would Patriots OL Joe Thuney be a free agent fit for Dolphins? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Would Patriots OL Joe Thuney be a free agent fit for Dolphins?

Like stated before, keep an eye out for FA Corey Linsley center for the Packers. One or the best in the NFL bringing experience and wisdom for all the rookies to absorb (another huge bonus).
Will be somewhat costly but centers get less then tackles and Sewell can fill that spot , estimate 10 mil to get away from the Packers who Im sure want him BADLY but hopefully we could lure him away.

That would be the best and most outrageous move this team could make in free agency IMO....
also: think if we were serious dealing with the Pats. it would be for Andrews IF Linsley couldn't be signed.

Damn add Sewell and Linsley and we have a OL like we haven't experience in many of your life times. Even our present WR & RB core could add on a couple more hundred yds to their season...

I'm down for that.

He's certainly an upgrade over Flowers, not worth a big contract though

Thuney is set to reach the open market in March and Howe anticipates that he’ll seek something in the range of $14MM per year. A five-year, $70MM deal would position him as the highest-paid left guard in the NFL, besting Andrew Norwell‘s $66.5MM contract. Following the tag, Thuney played on one-year, $14.78MM deal in 2020.

Good player, but I'd go the draft route and save the big money. That can be spent elsewhere.

Looking at the draft, Miami should be able to find quality wide receivers, running back(s) and offensive lineman. Can they find a pass rusher in the draft? That's probably where I'd spend free agent money.

Good player, but I'd go the draft route and save the big money. That can be spent elsewhere.

Looking at the draft, Miami should be able to find quality wide receivers, running back(s) and offensive lineman. Can they find a pass rusher in the draft? That's probably where I'd spend free agent money.
I don't disagree with desperately needing a pass rusher. Problem is, there aren't many ever on the market. The ones that are usually command more $ than their production warrants.

Given the dearth of high quality pass rushers in the draft, that need may have to wait. Paye and the Miami kid look to be the best of the bunch, and neither are the caliber of a Chase Young type player.

It's also a disadvantage, that we run a lot of 3-4 hybrid. Typical 4-3 DEs are not really suited to our scheme.

I don't disagree with desperately needing a pass rusher. Problem is, there aren't many ever on the market. The ones that are usually command more $ than their production warrants.

Given the dearth of high quality pass rushers in the draft, that need may have to wait. Paye and the Miami kid look to be the best of the bunch, and neither are the caliber of a Chase Young type player.

It's also a disadvantage, that we run a lot of 3-4 hybrid. Typical 4-3 DEs are not really suited to our scheme.
Good points. Miami could wait, or look to some DE/LB types who can rush the passer. Collins and Ossai, off the top of my head.

NE has plenty of cap this year and can resign him. I wouldn't put up that much money to try and compete with NE..we'd have to over pay. not worth it. I'd add OL in draft and roll with year 2 of growth from a OLine that didn't have an off season last year.

Too much money to pay a guard, especially after using draft resources and signing Flowers last year. If they are interested in going after a New England
offensive lineman, I would rather they sign David Andrews, the Patriots free agent center.

Good player but he’s going for the big contract in my opinion. I don’t know if it benefits Miami

Interesting....

Flowers has always been a LG / LT, I believe, I don’t see us flipping him to the right side.. and Thuney also has been left sided. I think the only way it makes sense is if we can trade Flowers to dump the salary.

also- Flowers was a disaster at tackle. I hope we aren’t thinking about trying him at RT

Last edited:
Love Thuney, would certainly give us flexibility and experience. I would expect Flowers is a gonner if we sign him. A lot out there that he's going to Cinn

He will be at Left side, tackle and guard.
Kiss your Sewell goodbye.

Back
Top Bottom