Would Patriots OL Joe Thuney be a free agent fit for Dolphins? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Would Patriots OL Joe Thuney be a free agent fit for Dolphins?

Pass, I would have last year. Just go at it w the same OL and draft a RG late for depth.

We're stuck w Flowers and we already have to either spend on a C or draft one early. I say give these guys continuity, re-sign Karras and properly asses them and come back next year. Unless Thuney can snap. In that case Andrews is a UFA also.

Love Thuney, would certainly give us flexibility and experience. I would expect Flowers is a gonner if we sign him. A lot out there that he's going to Cinn
I doubt anyone would trade for Flowers because of his $10 million salary and the Dolphins will gain no cap space by cutting Flowers because he would still count $10 million dollars against their cap if they cut himself. So I expect Flowers to be on the roster next season and he will likely be cut or traded after next season unless he is plays at a high level during the 2021 season.

Interesting....

Flowers has always been a LG / LT, I believe, I don’t see us flipping him to the right side.. and Thuney also has been left sided. I think the only way it makes sense is if we can trade Flowers to dump the salary.

also- Flowers was a disaster at tackle. I hope we aren’t thinking about trying him at RT

He would be replacing Flowers. Keep hunt at rg and Jackson at right tackle if we draft Sewell.

Too much money to pay a guard, especially after using draft resources and signing Flowers last year. If they are interested in going after a New England
offensive lineman, I would rather they sign David Andrews, the Patriots free agent center.
He's gonna cost a lot of money too. He's probably the 2nd best center out there other than the GB center. I think our best option is the draft when it comes to the O-line.

You cutting flowers and taking that like 10m cap hit?

We need reliable players on this team. Cutting wasnt in my mind. He is the starting left guard in my line projection threat. Long term no. Hypothetically speaking that is. No lineman of ours except karass took over 800 snaps.

We need reliable players on this team. Cutting wasnt in my mind. He is the starting left guard in my line projection threat. Long term no. Hypothetically speaking that is. No lineman of ours except karass took over 800 snaps.
Sooooo what is Thuney going to do on the team? I’m just trying to understand your plan

If, and it's a big IF, we could trade Flowers, then yes I would be all for it. If there are no takers for Flowers, then I would not

He's gonna cost a lot of money too. He's probably the 2nd best center out there other than the GB center. I think our best option is the draft when it comes to the O-line.

Yeah I think re-signing Karras to a short term deal for similar money (3-3.5m) and drafting Humphrey/Dickerson/Meinerz in rounds 2-3 is probably our best chance at addressing it

He's definitely a fit. But it depends on the money. Not sure signing Thuney is doable, unless Miami creates more cap room by cutting a slew of players.

My feeling is that this regime will value fit more than many here realize. I think that if we end up spending big on any FA this off-season that it will most likely be Thuney and not any WR or pass rusher or any other position.

Back
Top Bottom