Would Patriots OL Joe Thuney be a free agent fit for Dolphins? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Would Patriots OL Joe Thuney be a free agent fit for Dolphins?

I've been back and forth with this, and I think we should try to sign him

He can play multiple positions, so adding him makes line better for 2021...maybe Rt Guard this year and Lt Guard next year....regardless our draft can focus on skill positions

Pack just cut tackle Ricky Wagner. I don’t know if it’s a his heads no longer in the game thing or not but if he does want to play football another year that could be a cheap vet add on a one year right tackle Miami should consider.

if they do in fact want to kick inside hunt. And he’d be dirt cheap

Right on. No coincidence that when we went to 5 SBs our centers were HOF players. Also no coincidence we haven’t had a great center since and have not been back.

I doubt anyone would trade for Flowers because of his $10 million salary and the Dolphins will gain no cap space by cutting Flowers because he would still count $10 million dollars against their cap if they cut himself. So I expect Flowers to be on the roster next season and he will likely be cut or traded after next season unless he is plays at a high level during the 2021 season.
That is just not true
His prorated bonus is 1m in 2021 and 1m 2022
Cutting him saves around 8 or 9 mil in cap space depending wether the cut him with a post June designation

Last year... yes.

This year... no.

For a couple of reasons...

1) Last year, we were trying to spend money as we had to meet the NFL minimum, and overpaying a Guard was a sensible course. It brought us serviceable (though overpaid) Flowers.

2) Then we drafted Kindley, a pure Guard, and Hunt, a probable Guard.

We missed our chance on Thuney.
Have to agree that ship has sailed doesn't interest me with sewell sitting there at 3.

Not really even an option. Too much and a position of luxury with this current roster.

I'm not investing that kind of money for Thuney, not with a roster we already have full of guards. From a roster/cap management perspective, it makes no sense.

Get a more athletic RT and kick Hunt inside. That improves both positions.

Back
Top Bottom