Would Rodgers be a major mistake at #2? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Would Rodgers be a major mistake at #2?

I think it's hard to tell if a QB will be good or bad just based on their playing for Tetford. When you look at Miami Hurricanes (in basically the same system) you had a lot of very good college QB's who were awful in the pros. The fact is, it's just hard to find a good QB. I don't think you can say that a QB from Tetford will or will not play well in the pros.

If you compare Rodgers to Boller, most scouts have him with as good an arm as Boller but more accurate. As Saban noted, you just never can know how good a QB will do in the pros. I think it is the most difficult position to scout, b/c so much of it is mental and poise in the Pro game.

I think Rodgers has some very good qualities to be a good QB. However, I believe 49ers will draft him.

Ultimately, however, I will trust Saban's judgment - though, it too will not be perfect.

ckparrothead said:
Well, good luck to you taking that one in eight or one in ten chance of finding the RIGHT late round QB that will end up succeeding.

I'll stick to taking the early draft guy that I know has about a 1 in 2 shot.

I said one of these two could end being the best of this draft, but yea, you are right, no QB picked in the top 5 has ever failed, or every QB in the 2nd or later have rarely ever succeeded.

There is no such thing as a sure thing, only opinions on who people think are the best at their position. Here is something that might actually surprise you, on some teams draft boards, neither Rogers or Smith or the top QB. Nobody really knows for sure who will succeed, and who will fail.

DreamWeaver said:
Look at the track records of the Jeff Tedford QB's in the NFL...Trent Dilfer, Kyle Boller, Joey Harrington, Akili Smith....none of those is worth the #2 overall. How worried are you guys that Rodgers is cut from the same mold?

Only time will tell, _ _ _ _ _! When we die we go to heaven or hell, _ _ _ _ _!:m83: :wharf:

ckparrothead said:
Well, good luck to you taking that one in eight or one in ten chance of finding the RIGHT late round QB that will end up succeeding.

I'll stick to taking the early draft guy that I know has about a 1 in 2 shot.

Actually, quarterbacks taken in the first three spots have about a 67% shot of turning into reliable starters.

Back
Top Bottom