Would the FO have the balls to do this and draft a QB | Page 21 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Would the FO have the balls to do this and draft a QB

they were not all equally big games

Of course they were.

---------- Post added at 02:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:28 PM ----------

they were not all equally big games, nothing is bigger in the reg season than a win and in game.

I love the spin, 3-2 in must win games:lol: he needed to win just ONE of the final 2 against 2 non playoff bound teams and he led his O to a TOTAL of 7 pts in the 2 games.

---------- Post added at 01:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:23 PM ----------

Not really, and notice how Palmer had more INTs in one game yesterday than sanchez in 6 playoff starts?

BTW, it is THEY needed to win one of the final two games.

Of course they were.

---------- Post added at 02:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:28 PM ----------

BTW, it is THEY needed to win one of the final two games.

not all games are equal.

Yep, they needed to win a game but the worst player on the field those last 2 weeks was the QB.

Wouldn't mind it a bit if Miami took Vernon Adams in round 3 if he is still on the board.

not all games are equal.

Yep, they needed to win a game but the worst player on the field those last 2 weeks was the QB.

Where did I say ALL games are equal. I said THOSE GAMES were all equal. All must wins.

Your obsession with an opposing teams QB is disturbing. Tannehill was far from the worst player on the field.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Where did I say ALL games are equal. I said THOSE GAMES were all equal. All must wins.

Your obsession with an opposing teams QB is disturbing. Tannehill was far from the worst player on the field.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

those games were not all equal.

MY obsession is disturbing not yours for a QB you offer every excuse in the book for that has never done anything in this league.

when your QB leads your O to 7 pts in 2 games total against 2 mediocre/bad teams needing 1 win to get to the playoffs that's pretty bad. I saw no one worse on the field in the Jet game. Maybe Buffalo he wasn't the worst.

not all games are equal.

Reminds me of the jets 2009 charity season where, not realizing Polian would consider game 15 as meaningless for the colts, they needed to win a game in the cold at home against dome team Atlanta with a losing record.. and ended up losing 10-7 , the worst player on the team completing less that 60% with a sub 50QBR and 1 TD vs 3 Ints. Of course as this chart shows, it's not the only time he was the worst player on his team when they needed him to step up to stay in contention for a playoff spot. Yet, i seem to remember, there were always excuses when it came to "him."

Oh and it's true that Sanchez had less interceptions in 6 postseason games than Palmer did in 1 where everyone knew he was throwing into a prevent defense, but the same can be said for Rex Grossman, Sanchez's closest clone, who unlike him, actually won a division and made it to the Superbowl. So what :idk:

2utpz49.jpg

those games were not all equal.

Kindly show me the NFL rule book paragraph that assigns different values for wins and losses to game at different parts of the season.

The only games that are treated differently by teams are games that are played after all playoff seedings are determined. Only then do teams place less emphasis on games. Once a team is eliminated from the playoffs or guaranteed their spot in the playoffs they may choose to rest players. Until then, they all count the same (unless their is a rule I don't know about).

It's laughable that you think a week 15 game is different from a week 16 or 17 game. The only difference is that the Dolphins won and Tannehill was the best player on the field on either team (and, of course, you have to count that game for less. It is your obsession.)

Kindly show me the NFL rule book paragraph that assigns different values for wins and losses to game at different parts of the season.

The only games that are treated differently by teams are games that are played after all playoff seedings are determined. Only then do teams place less emphasis on games. Once a team is eliminated from the playoffs or guaranteed their spot in the playoffs they may choose to rest players. Until then, they all count the same (unless their is a rule I don't know about).

It's laughable that you think a week 15 game is different from a week 16 or 17 game. The only difference is that the Dolphins won and Tannehill was the best player on the field on either team (and, of course, you have to count that game for less. It is your obsession.)

so you don't think there is any different feel or any different pressure w/ a game that can get you to the playoffs?

It's laughable that you think the feel of the games does not change. that a week 15 game is basically like a week 2 game. some players cannot handle playoff type pressure, so far Ryan Tannehill has proven he cannot just like Ryan Fitzpatrick has proven he cannot. congrats on winning in week 15 but when you need a win one of the next 2 weeks and lead your O to 7 pts total then you have failed.

so you don't think there is any different feel or any different pressure w/ a game that can get you to the playoffs?

It's laughable that you think the feel of the games does not change. that a week 15 game is basically like a week 2 game. some players cannot handle playoff type pressure, so far Ryan Tannehill has proven he cannot just like Ryan Fitzpatrick has proven he cannot. congrats on winning in week 15 but when you need a win one of the next 2 weeks and lead your O to 7 pts total then you have failed.

By the time you get to the end of the season, and you are close to elimination they are all the same.

You look desperate when you keep arguing the extremes. I say weeks 13, 14, and 15 are all the same as 16 and 17 after you have dropped to 5-6 (especially since two of the games were on the road and the other was against the Pats). You say ALL games aren't the same.

I say week 15 against the Pats is just as big as week 16 against the Bills and you compare week 15 against week 2.

Why would they do that at this juncture?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What juncture?....40 years without a superbowl win?...30 years of not even getting there?...15 years of mostly mostly mediocre QB play resulting in not winning a playoff game?

Its no mystery....Great QB play is the single most important ingredient to success...not the only one...but very high on that list.

So...you keep looking until you luck upon it.

The two greatest eras in Dolphin history (71'-74' & 83'-85') included hall of fame quarterbacking by Griese & Marino.

Until you have that in my estimation...the rest of it is kind of pointless.

By the time you get to the end of the season, and you are close to elimination they are all the same.

You look desperate when you keep arguing the extremes. I say weeks 13, 14, and 15 are all the same as 16 and 17 after you have dropped to 5-6 (especially since two of the games were on the road and the other was against the Pats). You say ALL games aren't the same.

I say week 15 against the Pats is just as big as week 16 against the Bills and you compare week 15 against week 2.

they are not all the same and no matter how many times you say that it won't change that fact. he had TWO chances to win ONE game, the Buf loss happens, they had a safety net and still failed.

he wasn't good against us or Pitt though, he was really good against NE so one really good game, 2 mediocre games and 2 awful games in the last 5- you are satisfied w/ that?

What juncture?....40 years without a superbowl win?...30 years of not even getting there?...15 years of mostly mostly mediocre QB play resulting in not winning a playoff game?

Its no mystery....Great QB play is the single most important ingredient to success...not the only one...but very high on that list.

So...you keep looking until you luck upon it.

The two greatest eras in Dolphin history (71'-74' & 83'-85') included hall of fame quarterbacking by Griese & Marino.

Until you have that in my estimation...the rest of it is kind of pointless.

Don't you find it odd that you listed a 2 1/2 year "era" for the greatest QB in Dolphins history and one of the greatest of all time? He played on the team until 1999. You left off 14 years of his career.

Every Dolphins fan should recognize the importance of support a QB with a solid supporting cast.

they are not all the same and no matter how many times you say that it won't change that fact. he had TWO chances to win ONE game, the Buf loss happens, they had a safety net and still failed.

he wasn't good against us or Pitt though, he was really good against NE so one really good game, 2 mediocre games and 2 awful games in the last 5- you are satisfied w/ that?

He was great against Pitt. 3 TD passes, including the game winner with 2:53 remaining.

they are not all the same and no matter how many times you say that it won't change that fact.

This is from the game recap for the Jets game on NFL.com:

Dolphins rip Jets behind Tannehill's 331 yards

With the AFC East rivals approaching the game as a must-win, the Dolphins (6-6) played with more of a sense of urgency while sending the Jets (5-7) to their third straight loss.

Seems like at least one writer for NFL.com agrees with me......

This is from the game recap for the Jets game on NFL.com:

Dolphins rip Jets behind Tannehill's 331 yards

Seems like at least one writer for NFL.com agrees with me......

awesome, where was that sense of urgency in weeks 16 &17?

Back
Top Bottom