Would the FO have the balls to do this and draft a QB | Page 22 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Would the FO have the balls to do this and draft a QB

Don't you find it odd that you listed a 2 1/2 year "era" for the greatest QB in Dolphins history and one of the greatest of all time? He played on the team until 1999. You left off 14 years of his career.

Every Dolphins fan should recognize the importance of support a QB with a solid supporting cast.

I was referring to era's where the team as a whole was superbowl relevent....most of Marino's era was wasted on teams with poor defenses and running games...bad drafting...and some bad Shula assistants....and later Jimmy's quitting on the team and mistakes he made when he was begged to return the last couple of years.

I was referring to era's where the team as a whole was superbowl relevent....most of Marino's era was wasted on teams with poor defenses and running games...bad drafting...and some bad Shula assistants....and later Jimmy's quitting on the team and mistakes he made when he was begged to return the last couple of years.

Doesn't that show how important the rest of the team is? Even one of the greatest QBs of all time needed a decent team to challenge for the SB.

Pretty amazing how many on this site believe it is only about the QB.

Doesn't that show how important the rest of the team is? Even one of the greatest QBs of all time needed a decent team to challenge for the SB.

Marino elevated mostly average teams into contenders.

Marino elevated mostly average teams into contenders.

The heart of Marino's career included a 6 year stretch of mostly .500 or worse teams. It was a travesty that they couldn't put a better team together but it is proof that even the GOAT needs help.

The heart of Marino's career included a 6 year stretch of mostly .500 or worse teams. It was a travesty that they couldn't put a better team together but it is proof that even the GOAT needs help.

they had a bunch of non PO years but only one year under .500 and that was after winning 12+ games a year the first 3 years. the team got old and needed to rebuild around him. in those days we didn't see the overnight success we see today. It's crazy in the parity era that Miami has one PO app and zero PO wins since 2002. the late 1980s were pre FA, even pre plan B and he kept you competitive.

they had a bunch of non PO years but only one year under .500 and that was after winning 12+ games a year the first 3 years. the team got old and needed to rebuild around him.

Which is PROOF that even the GOAT needs a decent team.

Marino had 6 10+ win seasons in 17 years.

Fiedler had 3 in 4 years.

That is comparing the GOAT with someone who was a journeyman at best.

Football is a TEAM game.

Which is PROOF that even the GOAT needs a decent team.

Marino had 6 10+ win seasons in 17 years.

Fiedler had 3 in 4 years.

That is comparing the GOAT with someone who was a journeyman at best.

Football is a TEAM game.

Jay was a very underrated and underappreciated QB for you guys b/c he followed a legend. that's all that proves.

Jay was a very underrated and underappreciated QB for you guys b/c he followed a legend. that's all that proves.

:sidelol:

I was a supporter of Fiedler when he was the QB, but please.....

The fact that the two QBs had nearly identical winning percentages speaks volumes about the importance of the supporting cast.

I know admitting it ruins your fantasies about certain QBs and allows you to maintain your narrative about other QBs but stop it.

Of course....but it also shows how we had great quarterbacking when we were relevent.....and Marino never had complete teams.

He went 14-2 and to the Superbowl with 19th ranked defense out of 28 teams....a pedistrian weak running game.

Fiedler got embarrased in the playoffs with a good defense etc etc....

You know, pre shoulder injury, i actually agree with this. But after he stopped running and his already noodle arm got weaker , it got ugly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Of course....but it also shows how we had great quarterbacking when we were relevent.....and Marino never had complete teams.

He went 14-2 and to the Superbowl with 19th ranked defense out of 28 teams....a pedistrian weak running game

And never got back.

BTW, they were the 7th ranked defense in the category that counts. That defense still had the Arnsparger influence. It is no accident that the defense dropped off dramatically after that.

We went to the SB with David Woodley. Let that sink in.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

:sidelol:

I was a supporter of Fiedler when he was the QB, but please.....

The fact that the two QBs had nearly identical winning percentages speaks volumes about the importance of the supporting cast.

I know admitting it ruins your fantasies about certain QBs and allows you to maintain your narrative about other QBs but stop it.

Marino was on fumes late in his career and he didn't work well w/ JJ. w/ less talent in 2000 than 1999 Miami won the division. Jay was very underrated.

---------- Post added at 10:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:03 AM ----------

You know, pre shoulder injury, i actually agree with this. But after he stopped running and his already noodle arm got weaker , it got ugly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

he was not a pretty QB but he made plays and got the job done.

Back
Top Bottom