Would the FO have the balls to do this and draft a QB | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Would the FO have the balls to do this and draft a QB

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/...al&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

I agree with Chris Perkins and James Walker. The only defending Tannehill in that segment is Greg Likens who is paid by the team.

Dont have a problem wih much that was said, including what Likens said, despite the fact that he works for the Dolphins.

Do disagree with Perk about the fact that he doesn't think Ryan earned the ability to audible. You saw the differnce aftfer Lazor was gone. Walker points to the blame all going to Ryan for the record and Likens says its a team issuee.

I think its more of a team issuee. Walker says its on the QB but he the proceeds to point out we have a rookie HC and play in a tough division and NE could win the Superbowl this year and proceeds to point out the holes on the rosster and salary cap constraints.

---------- Post added at 09:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:04 AM ----------

What they all seem to agree ones this: Only draft a QB in the first round if he can unseat Tannehill.

There isn't anyone in the first round this year who is going to come in and unseat Tannehill.

Except Walker who again points out the exceptions like Brady and Wilson.

Boggles me how anyone would draft a QB over a CB LB or even a pass rusher if we lose Vernon. I'd go o lineman in the 2nd and 3rd rounds.

Boggles me how anyone would draft a QB over a CB LB or even a pass rusher if we lose Vernon. I'd go o lineman in the 2nd and 3rd rounds.

Second is too high to take a lineman, rather fix the line with vets. Plenty of decent guards in free agency. Highest id go guard is round 4. Use the 1st, 2nd and 3rd to take a corner or linebacker/d-end if like you said vernon leaves. First 3 rounds should be impact players but also think of the salary cap issues. We can grab 2 above average to great guards in free agency and pay them 4-5 million a year were as an above average to great linebacker/d-end/corner is going to cost you anywhere from 7-10 million a year.

Thankfully the media and fans don't have control over our draft picks .... Otherwise we have a roster with 20 qbs ....smh

See...here's the thing:

In three years, there are going to be one, two, MAYBE three elite QBs in the league.

Rodgers.
Luck
Roethlisberger (?)
Newton (?)

Who else ya got? Brady? In three years, Brady's going to be 41.
Manning's going to be 42.
Brees is going to be 40.

i am so sick and freaking tired of everyone saying that they know what Ryan Tannehill can be.

Really?

You know who the fifth ranked QB was in 2015? Andy Goddamn Dalton. Sixth was Kirk Bleeping Cousins. Seventh was Tyrod Taylor. I ran out of cute expletives.

If you told me you would have traded any of those three straight up for Tanny last offseason, you're a goddamn liar.

For everyone who said they know what Tannehill is going to do next year? This is for you. I play this clip a lot, but it needs to be said again.

[video=youtube;LugIVfL6FbU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LugIVfL6FbU[/video]

You DON'T know. You don't.

The thing is, you don't know either. The only thing I am basing my opinions is all we have in front of us, the last 4 seasons we've seen him play. Ive seen Tannehill crumble too many times when we needed him to step up and he has failed miserably. Yes the O-line sucks but to be honest I think Tannehill has been sacked too many times now that he will never get better, it reminds me some much of David Carr in Houston. Both are talented but I really do believe that taking those sacks and hits has a psychological effect and Im not sure if Tannehill will ever be that guy to win us the big games, be the type of QB you need to win a super bowl.

you mentioned guys like Dalton, well at least Dalton has been to the playoffs and actually Dalton has more 4th quarter comeback wins by 4 seasons than Tannehill does. Cousins and Thyroid Taylor haven't been starters long enough but they too had more 4th quarter come back wins this season. Im just tired of the excuses, if its not the O-line, its the coaches and play calling.

Everyone just answer me this, if Tannehill continues to play at this same level and we win 7 -8 games next year are you guys willing to move on then? Yes he is the best QB we've had since Marino, but that's not saying much. He just isn't good enough to win a super bowl. I think he's a Kyle Orton/Fitzpatrick/ Matt Schaub career type QB. And I do not believe that Gase is 100% sold on Tannehill, he said in his press conference that he has only seen him play once lol its not like he has studied him on tape and has decided that he is sold on Tannehill.

I think Gase wants to hit the ground running. Using a high draft pick on a QB means losing a pick for a player of need and we need to fill holes.

Listen, Aaron Rogers played like crap this year when he wasn't getting protection. Tannehill's whole career has been like the bad games Rogers had in 2015. Block for the guy for 4-5 seconds per play and let's see what he can do. Gase is here, in part because of Tannehill. I'm pretty sure there's no will to kick RT to the curb by Gase.

Everyone just answer me this, if Tannehill continues to play at this same level and we win 7 -8 games next year are you guys willing to move on then?

Its hard to answer the question for me until we see what roster improvements are made, how the games are won and loss etc. cant just look at he team record and make a decision.

Dont have a problem wih much that was said, including what Likens said, despite the fact that he works for the Dolphins.

Do disagree with Perk about the fact that he doesn't think Ryan earned the ability to audible.
You saw the differnce aftfer Lazor was gone. Walker points to the blame all going to Ryan for the record and Likens says its a team issuee.

I think its more of a team issuee. Walker says its on the QB but he the proceeds to point out we have a rookie HC and play in a tough division and NE could win the Superbowl this year and proceeds to point out the holes on the rosster and salary cap constraints.

---------- Post added at 09:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:04 AM ----------

Except Walker who again points out the exceptions like Brady and Wilson.

if anyone has the audacity to say that a quarterback playing at the most elite level in the world (NFL - top 32 in the world, for argument's sake) has not earned the ability to audible I'd like to meet them personally so I can shove a football up his ass and tell him to kick rocks.

yup.

Everyone just answer me this, if Tannehill continues to play at this same level and we win 7 -8 games next year are you guys willing to move on then?

Its hard to answer the question for me until we see what roster improvements are made, how the games are won and loss etc. cant just look at he team record and make a decision.

Yes

Second is too high to take a lineman, rather fix the line with vets. Plenty of decent guards in free agency. Highest id go guard is round 4. Use the 1st, 2nd and 3rd to take a corner or linebacker/d-end if like you said vernon leaves. First 3 rounds should be impact players but also think of the salary cap issues. We can grab 2 above average to great guards in free agency and pay them 4-5 million a year were as an above average to great linebacker/d-end/corner is going to cost you anywhere from 7-10 million a year.

Totally agree but I want the biggest nastiest guard in the draft. We have to compete within our own division. I'd be ok with signing 1 veteran guard and pushing that pick to the 3rd to be able to draft a LB and CB but at some point we must fill the position with a quality player for the future.

So you don't know and I don't know, so what are we talking about then? There is no point in even discussing this with you. Ridiculous.

Tannehill has played over 60 NFL games, he's not a rookie, he's not at unknown quantity anymore. I think it is appropriate to, at this point, be able to make some judgements and evaluations against him based on the tape we've got on him thus far.

What we also know is that the few times the OL has stood up, Tannehill has played better than average, and sometimes, damn lights out... as has our running game. If you don't think there's a correlation and a possible light at the end of the tunnel that comes with a fixed OL, then you really are buried too deep in your ego-driven agenda to see the forest for the trees.

Tannehill will blow the doors off any realistic competition or rookie you bring in this off season and you know it. Unless you're trading for a top tier QB (which we wont, they are all old or not tradeable). Im cool with a 5th or higher on a qb. If RT stinks it up (which he wont) and we for sure move on after next season then go after D Watson.

Tannehill will blow the doors off any realistic competition or rookie you bring in this off season and you know it. Unless you're trading for a top tier QB (which we wont, they are all old or not tradeable). Im cool with a 5th or higher on a qb. If RT stinks it up (which he wont) and we for sure move on after next season then go after D Watson.

Sure! because none of the top 10 teams will need a QB in next years draft! I'm sure once we finish 8-8 the top QB prospect will just fall into our laps when we pick around #15 in next years draft :rolleyes2:

Sure! because none of the top 10 teams will need a QB in next years draft! I'm sure once we finish 8-8 the top QB prospect will just fall into our laps when we pick around #15 in next years draft :rolleyes2:

Dont give me those dumb eyes. You want to whine and b*tch about the QB situation constantly then trade the farm to get one whos "better". Do whatever it takes.

Back
Top Bottom