Would they really pick CeeDee if he is available at 18? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Would they really pick CeeDee if he is available at 18?

if I were GM, i would trade down leveraging Ceedee's value

It's possible they could have requested ransom from the Eagles. They may have taken the bait bc they really liked CeeDee.

But if the Dolphins had him as their #1 WR and Top10 overall on their board and he's starting at you at #18, that's value. It's not like it's another super talented QB. It's a WR and we need those as well.

I would have preferred trading for more picks, possibly 2021 picks.

I don't like taking a WR that high but I might have had to make an exception with Lamb.I think he is going to be a star.

I am rarely on board with drafting WRs high but I would’ve been ok with getting Lamb at 18, I don’t think he was a must have at that point though. Not when the best player on your team plays that position.

I think they just viewed Austin Jackson as an elite prospect and the last of the OTs worth using that high a pick for. Couldn’t risk not getting him by taking Philly’s offer.

We will be in a better position to land skill guys next year.

Never targeted WR in the first round, but said it all along -- Lamb and Jeudy -- if either of those guys are there at 18 then you absolutely pull the trigger.

I think they were dead set on a tackle there and after the top four went off the board Jackson was the one guy who really had an upside to eventually be as good or better than any of those guys as a pro, even if he has more risk. And I suspect, despite Jackson's general ranking, there were enough other teams out there looking for tackle help that the Dolphins felt they'd have missed him if they waited until 26.

I read a post draft rumors thread on another site that said the Dolphins were interested in Aiyuk at 26, then immediately traded the pick when the 49ers took Aiyuk at 25.

I don't know how much stock to put in that stuff. It could be the 49ers wanting to believe they had to make the trade up to exactly that spot otherwise Aiyuk would be plucked away by any of the teams prior to their original spot at 31

I was a little surprised Aiyuk went that high myself.

Based on the way they used their picks I doubt they were going to take a WR that high.

But maybe they had a very high grade on him and would have stuck to their board like they did at #30.

I take him and don’t look back. I mean what good is another pick? We had 14 and I question how we used them.
I really don't think Miami was planning to take a wide receiver, but I agree with you. If someone of that caliber drops, you take him and don't look back. Perhaps they could have drafted the Houston tackle later.

It's possible they could have requested ransom from the Eagles. They may have taken the bait bc they really liked CeeDee.

But if the Dolphins had him as their #1 WR and Top10 overall on their board and he's starting at you at #18, that's value. It's not like it's another super talented QB. It's a WR and we need those as well.

Where is this lamb was the #1 wr on miamis board stuff coming from?

I read a post draft rumors thread on another site that said the Dolphins were interested in Aiyuk at 26, then immediately traded the pick when the 49ers took Aiyuk at 25.

I don't know how much stock to put in that stuff. It could be the 49ers wanting to believe they had to make the trade up to exactly that spot otherwise Aiyuk would be plucked away by any of the teams prior to their original spot at 31

I thought Aiyuk was moderately overrated, but SF is a dream fit for his skillset, so the pick will probably work out. Think they should have drafted Lamb or Jeudy instead of Kinlaw, though.

I'd have ran the card up for Lamb......he'd have been great for Tua but we'll probably never really know what they would have done.

The answer is yes. In fact we should have traded with Atlanta to make sure we got him.
The whole idea behind having 14 picks was to be able to strike when a bargain presented itself.
The whole idea is to improve Tua's chances for success.
If the choice is between the #1 or #2 receiver on your board or the #5 tackle, the answer should be obvious.
Greer and Flores were asleep at the wheel on this one.

Having said all that, I would not have drafted Lamb either as I would have traded with the 49ers for Wirffs. But what the hell do I know. -

Back
Top Bottom