Would Tomlin want Culpepper? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Would Tomlin want Culpepper?

IowaDolfan

IowaDolfan
Reaction score
If Tomlin indeed becomes the head coach, it will be interesting to see if he keeps Culpepper. I'm sure he has the bald wonder of a HC in Minnesota in his ear telling him what he thinks of Culpepper. I keep remembering how Childress had a hard time letting go of him and knocking him after he traded him to Miami. I can't stand that guy. On the other hand, Tomlin may have completely different view of the situation.

If Tomlin indeed becomes the head coach, it will be interesting to see if he keeps Culpepper. I'm sure he has the bald wonder of a HC in Minnesota in his ear telling him what he thinks of Culpepper. I keep remembering how Childress had a hard time letting go of him and knocking him after he traded him to Miami. I can't stand that guy. On the other hand, Tomlin may have completely different view of the situation.

personally, I dont think you make Capers the highest paid assistant in league history if you are going to bring in a defensive minded head coach, I look for Sotteinhiemer to get the job

Tomlin seems like a smart guy. And Even if he drafts (im still holdin out for the dream here) someone like Brohm, he's still gonna have a hard time passing up on daunte.

Why hire a D minded coach, when you just locked down Capers. We need a O minded coach for a change. Whisenhunt, Schott or Cameron!

The fact is that we aren't going to find a better QB out there than Daunte Culpepper. I still believe that Daunte is a great quarterback and I can't wait for him to get healthy. But for you who hate the man, the fact is that we can't upgrade.

Would any coach who comes in have a choice other than Culpepper?

Even if you draft a rookie, it has been shown that it isn't a bad idea to sit a rookie on the bench for his first year. And considering our very average at best offensive line, I would think it would be best to let Culpepper, who is making a lot of money, run the offense next year.

Would any coach who comes in have a choice other than Culpepper?

Even if you draft a rookie, it has been shown that it isn't a bad idea to sit a rookie on the bench for his first year. And considering our very average at best offensive line, I would think it would be best to let Culpepper, who is making a lot of money, run the offense next year.

Then the question arises of what do we do when C-Pep pulls a Brees and plays lights out in front of the rookie?

personally, I dont think you make Capers the highest paid assistant in league history if you are going to bring in a defensive minded head coach, I look for Sotteinhiemer to get the job

same here or CC.

Then the question arises of what do we do when C-Pep pulls a Brees and plays lights out in front of the rookie?

Well I didn't want to get into what I think of Cpep specifically unless it was addressed to me...so. I personally think that if he is healthy, Culpepper will be fine. I think if he plays at his worst, it will still be better than anything Harrington or anyone else can give us. If he can play close to his best, then he will be very good. And if he can only give us an average performance, I think the offense will be very improved from what it was this year.

I think a lot of it hinges on how well the offensive line can block. If they can give him enough time to sit back in the pocket and let deeper routes develop, he can be very good. If he is forced out of the pocket more than he wants, he could struggle if he isn't healthy. Either way, he is the best option and the offense can't be much worse than what it was this year.

It doesnt matter what Tomlin thinks, since he wont be our HC.

Brian Schotty will be our HC and he will fire Mularkey and take full control of our offense.

Culpepper is our QB, face reality bro.

Well I didn't want to get into what I think of Cpep specifically unless it was addressed to me...so. I personally think that if he is healthy, Culpepper will be fine. I think if he plays at his worst, it will still be better than anything Harrington or anyone else can give us. If he can play close to his best, then he will be very good. And if he can only give us an average performance, I think the offense will be very improved from what it was this year.

I think a lot of it hinges on how well the offensive line can block. If they can give him enough time to sit back in the pocket and let deeper routes develop, he can be very good. If he is forced out of the pocket more than he wants, he could struggle if he isn't healthy. Either way, he is the best option and the offense can't be much worse than what it was this year.

I feel like I just read my own post. Right on man, I'm right there with you. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom