Would u trade 2 first round picks this year for a QB? | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Would u trade 2 first round picks this year for a QB?

I'd give up 10 1st round picks for Mahomes, but Kansas City would laugh at that offer.

Are you insane?! Draft picks are the most important thing in the game. **** Super Bowl rings, give me dem picks!

I agree, but that doesn't mean you should just be a cheapskate when it comes to finding the QB. We've made that mistake soooooooooooo many times.
I do see where you are coming from. I'm just not sure there's that big of a talent drop from the top three perceived best quarterbacks. The toughest part of the evaluation on college quarterbacks is looking at the talent around them and judging apples to apples per se. I mean, what would Eason look like in LSU's offense, or Alabama's? We don't know obviously.

Now, if Miami's scouts are convinced that it's only Tua, Burrow or Herbert then, by all means, trade up if you have to. My thoughts all along are you need a top 10 caliber quarterback to have success in the NFL.

But if the Dolphins think it's four or five quarterbacks, the team could draft a potential elite tackle like Thomas, take say Eason with that second number one, Swift with the Houston pick and really start building that offense.

Just a thought, with the caveat that you may right. I'm certainly no scout.

I do see where you are coming from. I'm just not sure there's that big of a talent drop from the top three perceived best quarterbacks. The toughest part of the evaluation on college quarterbacks is looking at the talent around them and judging apples to apples per se. I mean, what would Eason look like in LSU's offense, or Alabama's? We don't know obviously.

Now, if Miami's scouts are convinced that it's only Tua, Burrow or Herbert then, by all means, trade up if you have to. My thoughts all along are you need a top 10 caliber quarterback to have success in the NFL.

But if the Dolphins think it's four or five quarterbacks, the team could draft a potential elite tackle like Thomas, take say Eason with that second number one, Swift with the Houston pick and really start building that offense.

Just a thought, with the caveat that you may right. I'm certainly no scout.
I don't think Herbert is in the same universe as Tua or Burrow tbh. I can't justify taking a dude whose stats fall off a cliff when there's pressure. A lot of players can put up numbers in a perfect environment, but the ones who make plays when things are falling apart are the ones that will get you a lot of wins.

I don't think Herbert is in the same universe as Tua or Burrow tbh. I can't justify taking a dude whose stats fall off a cliff when there's pressure. A lot of players can put up numbers in a perfect environment, but the ones who make plays when things are falling apart are the ones that will get you a lot of wins.
Agree. Judging college quarterbacks in the clutch is also a little contingent on the talent around them. But, yes that is a huge factor.

Wilson, watson, brees, Brady, mahomes. Sign me up for a superbowl run.
Brees? Wilson? Did you watch their games this weekend? How many times were they sacked? Dudes have no pocket presence. Busts, the both of them

Last edited:
I would trade all three of our firsts for Tua

Wow. Based on the question (which I took as a question about current players)... Gotta love the mindset of trading all our 1sts for a unproven over voting for mahomes, Rodgers or Wilson. That's an interesting obsession you've got. Just wow.

Brees? Wilson? Did you watch their games this weekend? How many times were they sacked? Dudes have no pocket presence. Busts, the both of them
If that was the norm for those guys Id say you’re onto something but the fact is their norm is light years of anything we’ve ever had and Onpar with Marino.

Back
Top Bottom