Would u trade 2 first round picks this year for a QB? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Would u trade 2 first round picks this year for a QB?

Sure wish we could take back our 2nd rounder we used on Rosen and give it to Jacksonville for Minshew.
Absolutely. Minshew is showing that he can play at the NFL level. I’d gladly give the Jags a second unless they’re in position for Tua.

Absolutely. Minshew is showing that he can play at the NFL level. I’d gladly give the Jags a second unless they’re in position for Tua.

don’t worry minsh will be on the bench for ya soon and deservedly so.

don’t worry minsh will be on the bench for ya soon and deservedly so.
They’re paying Foles top money. Wouldn’t expect Minshew to play in front of him.

Last edited:
They’re paying Foles too money. Wouldn’t expect Minshew to play in front of him.

that’s not why although I’m sure that plays into it. he’s playing himself to the bench.

did you miss the London game last Sunday? That level qb play belongs on tbe pine. Off script solid everything else ehh and teams are figuring it out.

We got fix our Oline first. We need Rb. Rookie qb is going get kill behind line we got now. If we cannot fix Oline. I wouldnt draft qb.Tua ain't going stay healthy in pros if he cannot stay healthy in college.

I would package a first with our pick to move up for Tua, but that’s unlikely considering whoever picks 1 will need a QB unless it’s the Jets who wouldn’t trade with us. Or If we somehow drop a few picks I would trade a late first for Cam Newton. He’s injury prone and easily could be Daunte Culpepper 2.0 but He’s proven he can play at an extremely high level and take a team to a SB and would be the most Dynamic QB we’ve ever had, but I’m not a huge believer in Herbert, Eason or Love so id be willing to take the gamble if we miss out on Tua and Burrow
Love is interesting, but ideally he goes to a team like Green Bay where he could develop for a couple of years behind Rodgers.

Newton actually might be available. Agree that he could be Culpepper 2.0. A risk for sure, but a few years ago he might have been the best player in football.

I could see Matthew Stafford or Matt Ryan being available. Obviously there is no way Russell Wilson or Patrick Mahomes will be. I'm not sure Stafford is a fit for Matt Patricia and Atlanta may decide it's time to rebuild there. Teddy Bridgewater could hit free agency. That would be interesting.
Not interested in retreads on the back side of their career.

Love is interesting, but ideally he goes to a team like Green Bay where he could develop for a couple of years behind Rodgers.

Newton actually might be available. Agree that he could be Culpepper 2.0. A risk for sure, but a few years ago he might have been the best player in football.
Supposedly Newton's arm looks washed and if that's the case, he's done. I want no part of that.

Not a chance I'd trade any picks for any QB in 2020 if I have the first pick and DE Chase Young is sitting there. He's by far the best player in the draft and there are plenty of QB's. Plus I like Rosen.

Not a chance I'd trade any picks for any QB in 2020 if I have the first pick and DE Chase Young is sitting there. He's by far the best player in the draft and there are plenty of QB's. Plus I like Rosen.
Why?

Only for the guys mentioned already that no team with a sober GM would trade for any amount of draft picks. But yeah for a guy like Mahomes id trade 2 1sts in a heartbeat. You need picks to rebuild, but at some point you need a good QB or it's all for nought.

Back
Top Bottom