Would u trade 2 first round picks this year for a QB? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Would u trade 2 first round picks this year for a QB?

No I would not. If this team was only a QB from being a playoff team then I could see them trading two first round picks to select a QB if they felt that QB was a franchise type QB. Yet this team had giant holes throughout their roster and they need everyone of their draft picks to start improving this team. I just don’t see a QB in this draft who is worthy of two first round picks, even though I would have no problem with them using just one of their first round picks on Burrow or Tua.

No way in hell would I trade any of the draft capital I sacrificed my season and integrity to get a QB, especially when there is equal value waiting.

Supposedly Newton's arm looks washed and if that's the case, he's done. I want no part of that.
Yeah, I don't know what his problem was.
Not interested in retreads on the back side of their career.
I agree. Bridgewater on a short-term deal could work, though. But I'd also draft a quarterback to develop behind him.

That said if Miami is in a position to draft Tua, Herbert or Burrow I'd go that route. If the team is drafting too low then I'd consider Bridgewater and Love or Fromm.

I see two of our 1sts being traded...just not the way most burrow fans are hoping. I see us dropping back a couple of 1sts to continue the new direction this team has. Which two will ultimately be determined by how the board falls.

I don’t think I’d like to give up any picks but for Russell Wilson only. Would anyone consider Cam Newton there’s a good chance he’ll be a FA? I’d defo make a play for Dak if he was a FA and use the picks where required, that would be a bonus.

An established QB with a good track record who still has a few good playing years left ahead of them would be preferable to a QB in the draft who could be hit or miss and we can use our picks wisely to build the lines with Chase Young... etc in my opinion
Cam is a sham. Not a fan.

Only for the guys mentioned already that no team with a sober GM would trade for any amount of draft picks. But yeah for a guy like Mahomes id trade 2 1sts in a heartbeat. You need picks to rebuild, but at some point you need a good QB or it's all for nought.

Kc would say no if we offered all 5 first rounders we have in 2020,2021

would you be willing to trade 2 first round picks this year for a QB on another team?
If so who?
No, we're rebuilding from the bottom up. No QB is worth two 1st rounders to a team that is 3 years away and a coaching staff that has zero chance of winning immediately. Heck, they WANT a rookie, it buys the coaching staff a couple of years to develop him. Now, if someone wants to give us two 1st rounders for any QB, I'm all ears.

Rebuild through the draft. It's not guaranteed to work, but it's the best option, and we're set up to do just that. Definitely not throwing away the crown jewels and wrecking the rebuild with a retread.

Nope

As mentioned, too much of a sacrifice has been made to attain the capital for me to trade it away for a current QB … I would however draft 2 QB's and I'm looking to trade down for more capital

Mahomes is worth a think but that's fantasy stuff IMO

No, we're rebuilding from the bottom up. No QB is worth two 1st rounders to a team that is 3 years away and a coaching staff that has zero chance of winning immediately. Heck, they WANT a rookie, it buys the coaching staff a couple of years to develop him. Now, if someone wants to give us two 1st rounders for any QB, I'm all ears.

Rebuild through the draft. It's not guaranteed to work, but it's the best option, and we're set up to do just that. Definitely not throwing away the crown jewels and wrecking the rebuild with a retread.
Agree, but I'd be open to anything if I were Grier. Remember when Pennington fell into Miami's lap?

I think the best way for the rebuild is to draft the quarterback of the future. But if the team ends up on the outside of Tua, Herbert and Burrow I'm just not sure on the other quarterbacks.

Fromm and Love are interesting, but I'd either double up somewhere and maybe look to sign Bridgewater on a short-term deal.

I personally don't like the idea of doubling up on QBs for a number of reasons one being that means u dont have great faith in either and you may have wasted not just one but possibly two picks ....

If our only requirement was a QB fine but we need at least one player for every position so we can't be wasting picks. I think the FA will show the FOs hand once we see who they're looking to bring in. Apart from one QB in this draft the rest are more of a hit or miss than Tua. Lets build the team up this year and look at FA and other options for QB if we can't get Tua with our own pick. On the whole we all should want one thing, Fins success regardless of which college our next QB attended

I personally don't like the idea of doubling up on QBs for a number of reasons one being that means u dont have great faith in either and you may have wasted not just one but possibly two picks ....

I don't think it shows lack of faith …

The draft is rarely a sure thing and when the team has no future guy at the helm it's obvious to do what's necessary to get one ... if a QB with the track record of Bridgewater is available and we land him how does drafting Tua show Bridgewater we have confidence in him ... I know it's been said if you have 2 Qb's then you don't have one (or something like that) but we have no QB (for the future)

The guys are competitors and the cream will rise to the top ... worse case may be we have great depth or trade bait for more draft capital ... draft one in the first round and pick up a guy late in the 2nd or third ... if you have multiple picks ... we need an answer at QB not a hope

Why is Bridgewater in any conversation?

Didn't he already turn us down?

What would be different this time, money?

I don't think he wants to play for a massively rebuilding team.

Back
Top Bottom