Would Waddle have won the Heisman is Smith was injuried instead of him. | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Would Waddle have won the Heisman is Smith was injuried instead of him.

Waddle and Ruggs are NOTHING alike...

Last edited by a moderator:
Waddle and Ruggs are NOTHING alike....

Waddle can do things better, but to say NOTHING is over the top. They share more qualities than separate them, its just that hopefully what Waddle has is what Ruggs didn't.

Waddle can do things better, but to say NOTHING is over the top. They share more qualities than separate them, its just that hopefully what Waddle has is what Ruggs didn't.
The only quality they share is speed

If DeVonte Smith is clearly the best WR in the class this year will you guys relent to being wrong and horrible at drafting? Just asking.

I just don't want to hear, he wouldn't have done that with Miami, like you guys always do.
I'm not going to make a definitive assessment after 1 year either way.

But if Parker and Fuller actually stay healthy and play to their max ability (longshot, I know), Waddle has significant competition for targets.

Meanwhile Smith is on a team whose other top options are Reagor, Ward, and Fulgham. A healthy Preston Williams would have a chance of being the #1 option among that group.

And neither team has an established top QB. At least not yet.

Situation does matter. A smart fantasy football player looks at those two situations and goes with Smith, even if they think Waddle is the superior talent. Same reasoning led me to pick Jefferson over Ceedee last year (admittedly got lucky on that one). One guy was a locked in top 2 option w no threats behind him. The other was joining two 1,100+ yard receivers. And Ceedee was WR #1 on my draft board.

Devonta is walking into a situation where he is the #1 by default, unless he completely underwhelms. Waddle has to to pass two guys that can definitely put up 1,000 yards when things fall their way (again, things haven't fallen their way often in the past).

So I have to wait and see how both players actually look throughout the season. But I'm also definitely not going to simply base it on yardage totals and TD's. Regardless of which of the two players it is (since I do like both), I would bet money that the guy on the Eagles would put up more stats if I had to right now.

This is not an excuse. It's just the way it is.

Last edited:
Waddle and Ruggs are NOTHING alike...

They are both very fast. That is something alike. Your universal statement is therefore wrong. Good luck next time. Maybe you should have explained why.

Let me guess he is more like Tyreek Hill?

Last edited by a moderator:
They are both very fast. That is something alike. Your universal statement is therefore wrong. Good luck next time. Maybe you should have explained why.

Let me guess he is more like Tyreek Hill?

uh because they play nothing alike?

How many times did Ruggs line up in the backfield like Waddle did and take hand offs...one of your answers is there.
How many screen passes did Ruggs take to the house? Waddle did a lot.
How many reverses did Ruggs take to the house? Waddle did...
How many slants over the middle in front of the MLB did Ruggs score on.
Waddle can take the top off better than Ruggs.
Plus,when Waddle gets the ball in his hands...he's basically a super fast Barry Sanders.
I LOVE all my Bama boys..but Waddle is a WEAPON.

Knock off the personal attacks and name calling gentlemen

They will be edited or deleted

State your case and do not make it personal please

And to answer the question yes I believe waddle wins the heisman if he doesn’t get hurt and probably goes higher then chase so it was a blessing 2nd straight year we lucked into a guy because of injury who otherwise we have no chance at

of course in that case we may stay at 3 and still get waddle but I digress. And yes boys Tua is gonna absolutely ball This year

Well I'll throw out this faulty as hell projection.

Devonta Smith during his Heisman 2020 season had 117 receptions for 1856 yards and 23 TDs on 148 targets.

Jaylen Waddle had 28 receptions for 591 yards and 4 TDs on 32 targets (!!!).

If Waddle got the same number of targets Smith did, then of course (!!!) you could assume Waddle's stats would have been extrapolated to:

130 receptions for 2737 yards and 19 TDs on those 148 targets. Sounds like a Heisman season to me.

NOTE: college season record for receptions in a single season is Trevor Insley Nevada in 1999 with 2060

uh because they play nothing alike?
In what way do the play nothing alike? Did they both not play at Alabama in similar roles? In the slot and out? Enlighten me?

Are they both not very fast receivers with the ability to take it for a touchdown due to their speed? Are they both not great kick returners? Please tell me how they are nothing alike. I will be waiting. Since these 2 have absolutely no similarity to their games apparently.

Are they both not known more for their athletic prowess than their receiving ability too? I think you are right bro... these 2 should never be mentioned in the same sentence again since they are so different.

they don't...its been explained...back to ignore

Back
Top Bottom