Would Waddle have won the Heisman is Smith was injuried instead of him. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Would Waddle have won the Heisman is Smith was injuried instead of him.

The question I would have is could Waddle handle the increased workload without Smith?

Those 1st 4 games last year I thought both receivers were equally dangerous and unstoppable. With that being said it doesn't matter now because we have our guy.

No. If Waddle was healthy, Jones would've won it. Then, we'd have gotten Pitts...

To be fair, in a regular season there is almost a 100% chance Smith would not have won the Heisman either. To put it in perspective, he only had 76 yards and 3 TDs more than Chase did in 2019. That might seem like a lot, but Chase had 33 less catches than him. Chase averaged 21.2 YPC (that’s crazy) whereas Smith averaged 15.9 YPC. Smith’s season was 100% a product of Alabama forcing their entire offense (with great success) through him once Waddle went down.

If DeVonte Smith is clearly the best WR in the class this year will you guys relent to being wrong and horrible at drafting? Just asking.

I just don't want to hear, he wouldn't have done that with Miami, like you guys always do.

If DeVonte Smith is clearly the best WR in the class this year will you guys relent to being wrong and horrible at drafting? Just asking.

I just don't want to hear, he wouldn't have done that with Miami, like you guys always do.

who is "you guys"? Miami? Our posters?

What's the point is sitting here saying "YEAH WELL YOU MIGHT BE WRONG"? Especially when you dont throw your our opinion into the ring?

who is "you guys"? Miami? Our posters?

What's the point is sitting here saying "YEAH WELL YOU MIGHT BE WRONG"? Especially when you dont throw your our opinion into the ring?

I think we all know what my opinion is.
D. Smith was the best choice, the most productive, the most proven, the least injury prone. We literally passed over an Antonio Brown/Jerry Rice type of WR for a Henry Ruggs/Percy Harvin type of WR coming off a leg injury.

If Waddles gets injured this year, we will just hear a bunch of excuses from you guys... This board... Full of group thinkers and yes men who never question this team's moves when we haven't won a damn thing in decades.

Clear enough?

And there I was thinking these would end after the draft...

I mean he is in the NFL, heisman doesnt mean anything in the nfl unless you are Tim Brown, the only heisman receiver in the hall of fame. But dont worry, we gonna have people bitching when smith gets one yard more than waddle or one more td.

Man it doesn't matter. You seem to have already made up your mind. I guess the gm and coach are wrong and you are right

Winning the Heisman has nothing to do with who is the better NFL WR. Every time someone justifies Waddle by saying he should have won it I just roll my eyes.

I don't hate the pick but it just shows how little the average fan knows about scouting talent.

Evaluate the skill set not the stats or awards.

I think we all know what my opinion is.
D. Smith was the best choice, the most productive, the most proven, the least injury prone. We literally passed over an Antonio Brown/Jerry Rice type of WR for a Henry Ruggs/Percy Harvin type of WR coming off a leg injury.

If Waddles gets injured this year, we will just hear a bunch of excuses from you guys... This board... Full of group thinkers and yes men who never question this team's moves when we haven't won a damn thing in decades.

Clear enough?

1. I dont know your opinion by default. I dont know who you are. This isn't a dig or a swipe, just facts.
2. Injury concerns are serious concerns and I agree with you there. Not that my opinion, or facts,
3. Who is YOU GUS? You are now lumping me in for... the entire board? So it's the entire board versus you?

You dont even know my stance, you're using baseless ad hominem attacks on myself and everyone here, and to be blunt - rudimentary level analysis combined with anarrogant attitude - show an insane level of pride, with no real interest in a discussion or even a debate. You seem to want... an argument.

So yeah, clear enough.

Back
Top Bottom