Would you be mad if we punted the QB pick into next year? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Would you be mad if we punted the QB pick into next year?

Would you be mad if we punted the QB pick into next year?

• Total voters
No with Tua potentially off the table and Burrow out of the question unless we get number 1 I’d be okay with it. The rest of the prospect don’t appear to be much better than we have at Rosen developing. Still on the fence about Herbert, if the staff thinks he’s better than Rosen then go for it but I’m on the fence about it. If Burrow or Young isn’t there with first pick then you trade out of the pick hell maybe trade out of all the 1st round picks. Pick up 2-3 first round picks next year if you can to ensure you have enough firepower to get the number one qb prospect. By trading out you can also afford to take a flyer on Tua late first and build both lines.

It's not Madden, trades like your scenario aren't realistic. You take a QB this year for sure and if it doesn't work out take another next year.

Grier seems to think he's playing madden then.

Just going by what's PROVEN to be our FOs MO.

Of course I would be mad as ****. There are going to be plenty of opportunities for us to upgrade via the draft and Free Agency this offseason.

I am not saying over reach but definitely dont stand pat. The worst thing we could do is to do nothing at all. We dont have to revolutionize the position, but at least tweak the formula.

I voted 'no', even though I think the best bet would be to take one somewhere in the 2nd to 4th round range.

I votes this way because of my belief than many (if not most) here would see that as punting the decision.

I don't , but I'm a believer in the three year plan for a young QB.

I won’t be mad, assuming I like the picks, BUT it would be kind of dumb when you have 3 first round picks.

I voted no, but I am saying no to taking one in the first round. If they passed on a first round QB this year I am ok, as there isn't any I love. However, they need to take a QB even as a developmental guy at some point in this draft. You need to draft a QB every year until you have one.

I voted yes. But that’s based on having to watch Fitzpatrick again. Two years of our lives and fandom completely wasted. In 40+ years I don’t think I’d watch next year if Fitz is the best QB on the roster.

Not in the least bit.

We are barely above expansion franchise status, talent wise.

The more picks we have in the future the better. I'd keep "punting" picks as the OP said, for more value the following year.

It behooves whichever QB this franchise decides to invest in to set foot on the field with the most talented possible roster around him.

Starting with the QB seems like the only option to so many fans, doesn't necessarily make the most sense.

I think the only way to definitively answer that question, is knowing which QB's declare for the draft. Burrow and Herbert are seniors, so they are in. But Tua, Love, Eason and Fromm still haven't made it known if they will enter. Although Love looks to have taken steps that indicate he's going to declare. I may be willing to punt on a QB, If most stay for their senior year.

I think the only way to definitively answer that question, is knowing which QB's declare for the draft. Burrow and Herbert are seniors, so they are in. But Tua, Love, Eason and Fromm still haven't made it known if they will enter. Although Love looks to have taken steps that indicate he's going to declare. I may be willing to punt on a QB, If most stay for their senior year.
I believe love declared.
I have no doubt Fromm will declare.

60% see no issue with NOT drafting a QB!!!
Wow if we don't I'll start a list of you guys so I can dump my season tickets on you.

Back
Top Bottom