Would you be mad if we punted the QB pick into next year? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Would you be mad if we punted the QB pick into next year?

Would you be mad if we punted the QB pick into next year?

• Total voters
Congratulations... I didn't think you could do it.

Now, let's expand on that.

Now that we've shown that most expansion teams do not take a QB early, we can look at what they actually do.

Tampa drafted, DE, RB, LB, T, LB (all in first 3 rounds) Defense and running game.
Seattle: DT, LB, RB, WR, DE Mostly defense.
Jax: OT, RB, G, LB, DB Running game and defense.
Texans: Carr, WR, T, G, DT The only team that tried to build a passing offense (they failed).

Expansion teams generally try to build a defense and a running game first. Smart GMs know they are going to be bad, so they try to slow the games down while they build. Refrain from getting into a fast-paced game where they'll get blown out.

If the 'Phins are truly as bad as an expansion team, it's clear what a defensive minded head-coach is going to do... and I just don't think it is QB.
I'm willing to be wrong, but I look at Flores and his harsh culture... and I don't see a loosy goosy QB in his future.

Lol, you do realize the very 1st position an expansion team drafts is QB.
Lol, you do realize they still aren't competitive for minimum 3-5 years later.

What was your point again?

Lol, you do realize they still aren't competitive for minimum 3-5 years later.

What was your point again?
My point is if a team doesn't have a qb, draft a qb. It's pretty simple. Miami should be drafting a qb in this draft. I'm absolutely perplexed by those who are saying no don't.

My point is if a team doesn't have a qb, draft a qb. It's pretty simple. Miami should be drafting a qb in this draft. I'm absolutely perplexed by those who are saying no don't.

I don't think you are DELIBERATELY missing our point, so I will try a final time.

I don't think any of us are saying don't draft a QB at all, what we are saying is don't reach for one.

Eason or Love in the 2nd or 3rd would make sense. Get another developmental QB and let them sit and learn. Then... take another one in 2021. Keep taking them til we find a winner.

Just don't reach for one when there are elite players at other positions still on the board. Our needs are too vast to waste picks.

I don't think you are DELIBERATELY missing our point, so I will try a final time.

I don't think any of us are saying don't draft a QB at all, what we are saying is don't reach for one.

Eason or Love in the 2nd or 3rd would make sense. Get another developmental QB and let them sit and learn. Then... take another one in 2021. Keep taking them til we find a winner.

Just don't reach for one when there are elite players at other positions still on the board. Our needs are too vast to waste picks.
The poll is, are you ok with punting qb in next years draft. That means not drafting one. 52 % voted they are fine with that.
I am not. I never said draft a qb for the sake. I don't want to reach. My ideal draft is young, Herbert, Humphreys.
Now if that's not your taste, I'm okay with that. But by all means we need to draft a qb.

At this point I dont care. It's out of my control anyway. So where is the I dont care option in this poll? Mark me down for that.

Mr. Grier can i get a timeline on this rebuild?

When can we expect results? Playoffs? Title Contender?

Your checks are clearing on these proposed mulligan.... i mean rebuild years.

Your point is entirely valid. Your argument, as it pertained to expansion teams, however, was bull.

I'm not sure why you even made that statement, seeing how the facts were the complete opposite.

I would prefer to take a QB early. The problem, as I see it, is that Herbert is probably the next most talented guy, after Burrow, and I don't know if I like him enough to use a top 5 pick. He's not likely to drop to our Pitt pick, so barring a trade down of some kind, where does that leave us?

Overdraft a player, or settle for 2nd round talent. If the staff likes Herbert, fine. If they are only luke warm on him, then they will have to assess alternatives, one of which is postponing a highly rated QB, until 2021.

60% see no issue with NOT drafting a QB!!!
Wow if we don't I'll start a list of you guys so I can dump my season tickets on you.
I really want us to get a QB, but I also don't want to blow picks on guys that are not seen as the answer. I'll say this...if Herbert is sitting there (he wont be) at our 2nd first rounder and we dont take him, I'll be mad. But if we grab an elite talent like Young or Thomas in the Top 5 and bypass Herbert, Fromm, Love and an injured Tua, Id not be really mad.

Would you settle for 4 to 5 games??? It probably won’t take a year to evaluate him.

There's no way that Rosen can be properly evaluated during the rest of this season, as they failed to build anything close to even an average o-line, and Flores has been starting a total schmuck at RB.

I really want us to get a QB, but I also don't want to blow picks on guys that are not seen as the answer. I'll say this...if Herbert is sitting there (he wont be) at our 2nd first rounder and we dont take him, I'll be mad. But if we grab an elite talent like Young or Thomas in the Top 5 and bypass Herbert, Fromm, Love and an injured Tua, Id not be really mad.

My guess is that is EXACTLY what they'll do.

Exactly.

Here's the real question in that scenario. Would you want to package our 2nd and 3rd picks to move up to get Herbert?

I voted no because I was starting buying into all the negatives and downsides I've read about the different QB prospects this year, and started thinking I didn't want any of them. Also, this draft class seems pretty stacked overall so I thought it would be hard to be upset going for other positions. But I've changed my mind. Every prospect has flaws and nobody truly knows which flaws will doom a QB and which QBs will overcome their flaws. At the end of the day, there appears to be five quarterbacks good enough to be worth taking a chance on with a first round pick (some earlier than others obviously). That's a lot of good quarterbacks and to not take one would be a mistake imo, especially with three opportunities in the first round to do so.

Back
Top Bottom