Would you be mad if we punted the QB pick into next year? | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Would you be mad if we punted the QB pick into next year?

Would you be mad if we punted the QB pick into next year?

• Total voters
If the guy they want and believe in isn’t there (and trading up isn’t a reasonable possibility) then absolutely! We’ve seen what happens when we reach for picks out of desperation. If we’re really trying to do this the right way then that’s how it has to be.

if Tua or Burrow go1st - Pick Young; if Young is gone - pick Tua; if Tua’s gone - pick #2 rated DE (Gross-Matos, Espenesa or Lewis); then take Dobbins... and (dont hate), take Justin Fields first pick Rd 2
Is Fields eligible?

Except that year 1 only really only brought us Christian Wilkins.

Considering we spent the beginning of the season still tearing it down, I don't think 2019 qualifies as being part of the build yet.

Really? They dumped every veteran or let every incumbent go that wouldn’t kill them cap wise.

and fielded an expansion level team full of fringe 53 types.

theyve learned who’s worth bringing back and who’s not personnel wise.

I sure wouldnt say it’s ahead of schedule but it’s damn sure already begun.

I voted that I would be angry. We all sacrificed this year for an opportunity at the top of the draft to finally nail down QB, we better do it. I'm not in on sucking again next year, that's asking too much of your fan base imo. If the top of the first round doesn't fall our way regarding QB, then at least get Chase Young and have a plan to land one of the second tier QBs. Get a Jalen Hurts or Justin Love type guy to compete with rosen etc. If our first 2 picks are Young and a QB that the FO is excited about we're off to a great start.

I’ve never seen a team gut a roster the way we did for anything other than a qb.

so I will be plum shocked if we don’t take one in the first round. Have to think it would be an endorsement of rosen assuming he’s still here come in the 2020 draft if that was the case.

The team should draft a QB this year and every year until the position is filled with a franchise QB.
In the NFL today, the QB is the most important player.
Take any of those guys mentioned with one the top picks.
We have to project them out 2 years and go for it. At this point the hope would invigorate the franchise

I’ve never seen a team gut a roster the way we did for anything other than a qb.

so I will be plum shocked if we don’t take one in the first round. Have to think it would be an endorsement of rosen assuming he’s still here come in the 2020 draft if that was the case.
I'd be shocked as well and I don't see Ross signing off on another lost year because we think of trying to get cute at the draft. The franchise has always operated on a ideal of they know more than everyone else, let's just end that trend and do the logical less fancy move

I could see us missing out on a blue-chipper QB this year, leaving the door open to draft a QB with our No. 1 pick in 2021. We could very well still win a few games in 2019.

There is a decent shot we don't draft Tua, Burrow, or Hebert. If the cards fall this way, I could see us taking a higher risk QB this year (Hurts?) and then recalibrating the QB room in 2021. I just hope we don't go for a low ceiling guy like Fromm. Go for the potential all-star or don't draft a QB.

Really? They dumped every veteran or let every incumbent go that wouldn’t kill them cap wise.

and fielded an expansion level team full of fringe 53 types.

theyve learned who’s worth bringing back and who’s not personnel wise.

I sure wouldnt say it’s ahead of schedule but it’s damn sure already begun.

Yeah, but by default really.

Our 2019 added pieces right now stand as Christian Wilkins and Preston Williams.

Even Rosen was added in a manor that would strengthen our 2020 draft.

Nik Needham?

Michael Deiter?

Maybe long term something is there but should pale in comparison to what the next 2 drafts will yield.

Mad, I'd be ecstatic. Smart team planning. The 2021 QB (maybe even Rosen) would actually have something around them to work with.

Back
Top Bottom