Would you be mad if we punted the QB pick into next year? | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Would you be mad if we punted the QB pick into next year?

Would you be mad if we punted the QB pick into next year?

• Total voters
I am not advocating passing on a QB who's worth the pick. God knows I was pimping Joe Burrow before he ascended to the No.1 spot.

I'm strongly advocating not taking a QB for the sake of taking a QB.

I can live with not making the playoffs in 2020, I expect it.

I can't live with 2 YPC. I can't live with a QB having no time to throw a pass. I can't live with zero pass rush on defense.

I can live with incompletions.

I can't live with DB's not named Xavien.

I can't live with multiple opponents rushing for 200+ yards.

Well there seems to be several QBs worth a first or second round pick this year and we have five. I can't imagine there won't be a QB worth the pick at all five spots.

Yeah, there are no absolutes, so normally it's a balancing act right? Best Player available (makes a lot of sense for a terrible team) vs Need (every position). So in our state, I'm thinking they're going to go for best player available first, then need.

They might think they can get Rosen to improve. I doubt it, but maybe. Imagine the arguments here then.

They might think they can get Rosen to improve. I doubt it, but maybe. Imagine the arguments here then.
Then????

I've seen insults, ranting, and down right mean posts over Rosen/Tua/RT, as it is.

In reality, though, the entertainment level will be through the roof.

Sure, they can probably get him to improve, but can they get him to improve from the point of dreadful to franchise level? I hope and think they are not that naïve. There is no way they can bank on that.

Sure, they can probably get him to improve, but can they get him to improve from the point of dreadful to franchise level? I hope and think they are not that naïve. There is no way they can bank on that.
Who says they are "banking" on it? In reality, they are exploring a low risk/high reward possibility.

Can they get him to improve to the point he's a "top 10" QB? I would say the odds are against, but that really depends on whether it's a "congenital" flaw, or lack of proper coaching, and correctable.

We are paying next to nothing, and the 2nd rd pick is irrelevant, at this point.

Who says they are "banking" on it? In reality, they are exploring a low risk/high reward possibility.

Can they get him to improve to the point he's a "top 10" QB? I would say the odds are against, but that really depends on whether it's a "congenital" flaw, or lack of proper coaching, and correctable.

We are paying next to nothing, and the 2nd rd pick is irrelevant, at this point.
Many fans on this site believe, and are trying to make everyone else believe, that the Dolphins won't be in the market for a QB because Rosen is on the team. That's what I was responding to. I don't believe the front office and coaching staff feels that way. At least I hope they are smart enough to not be banking on that.

I find it interesting that they have started to talk Rosen up in the media.

is it true? Are they preparing the fans for “he’s the guy, but we want to bring him slow, old school?”

or

is it a lie? Subterfuge first the next draft? Media clippings to get whatever pick they can for him?

personally, I think they have Rosen through his rookie deal. At the least, he is a cheap backup. The question to me is, to the coaches is he Aikmen or Walsh?

Many fans on this site believe, and are trying to make everyone else believe, that the Dolphins won't be in the market for a QB because Rosen is on the team. That's what I was responding to. I don't believe the front office and coaching staff feels that way. At least I hope they are smart enough to not be banking on that.
Fair enough.

Many times it seems to me fans/armchair GMs let their emotions override common sense.

is it true? Are they preparing the fans for “he’s the guy, but we want to bring him slow, old school?”

or

is it a lie? Subterfuge first the next draft? Media clippings to get whatever pick they can for him?

personally, I think they have Rosen through his rookie deal. At the least, he is a cheap backup. The question to me is, to the coaches is he Aikmen or Walsh?
I think we actually see him more this year. After he was bench I said don't be surprised to see Rosen the last quarter of the season. Maybe not final 4 games but I see him playing the last 2. But we'll see.

or

Fitz has been on the injury report with limited practice, so it seems normal to ask about his availability and the state of the back-up QB. Until "we" see him in games after this incubation period we won't know, and if the coaches are hesitant to put him in.... well, then maybe he still isn't ready to hatch.

I sure hope we didn't go thru what we've been thru all year and end up not drafting a QB at all. All this talk about build up the team first before you take a QB makes no sense. You're building the team from the bottom up and QB is the most important position but yet people want to start with a LT and a Center. I'm not saying draft a QB not worth drafting at the spot but with 5 picks in the first 2 round we need to draft a QB and then build around that QB. If you're going to wait till you have a perfect team before you draft your QB then you'll never draft one.

I sure hope we didn't go thru what we've been thru all year and end up not drafting a QB at all. All this talk about build up the team first before you take a QB makes no sense. You're building the team from the bottom up and QB is the most important position but yet people want to start with a LT and a Center. I'm not saying draft a QB not worth drafting at the spot but with 5 picks in the first 2 round we need to draft a QB and then build around that QB. If you're going to wait till you have a perfect team before you draft your QB then you'll never draft one.
Absolutely, this is a rare occurrence. Take advantage. No reason you can’t solidify the line and get your QB this offseason.

This ^^^ When building the team first, you're dangerously entering the perenial 8-8 team without a potential franchise QB. Basically where the Fins have been for the last 2 decades...

I dont see how getting out of this situation without a QB makes any sense at all...

Back
Top Bottom