Would you be Upset | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Would you be Upset

If Lamar gordon Beat out our Draftee RB?

• Yes

Votes: 34 44.7%
  • No

Votes: 42 55.3%

• Total voters

CitizenSnips

Ready for Henne.
Reaction score
Would anyone here be upset To find out Lamar Gordon Beat out the rookie running back we draft in Training camp. Now i know this is unlikely, but really think about it. Saban is gonna have an open competition almost at every position. If Lamar Gordon was our day 1 starter i think i could live with it.

(this goes for whoever you think we're gonna draft.)

I voted no because we would be in a win win situation similar to SD. But, if he beats him in a battle of mediocrity like last year, I would be upset.

Gonzo said:
I voted no because we would be in a win win situation similar to SD. But, if he beats him in a battle of mediocrity like last year, I would be upset.

my feelings exactly

Originally Posted by Gonzo

What would you be upset about tho? The rookie we drafted being mediocre? Or Gordon being mediorce?

Gonzo said:

But unlike a QB, we wouldn't be able to recoup a 1st rd pick for a RB.

I would only be mad if the RB sucked otherwise that means Gordon is good enough, Which satisfies me.

I made this point, for those who truly believe that we're drafting benson or brown. And i personally think that anyone who votes Yes in this poll, believes that Benson and Brown would be considered a Bust if they didn't beat out gordon for the starting job.

Saban4prez said:
Would anyone here be upset To find out Lamar Gordon Beat out the rookie running back we draft in Training camp. Now i know this is unlikely, but really think about it. Saban is gonna have an open competition almost at every position. If Lamar Gordon was our day 1 starter i think i could live with it.

(this goes for whoever you think we're gonna draft.)

If he beat him out then either the rb sucks or gordon must be the better guy...believe me the better guy will start most likely the draftee

If Ricky Comes Back

if ricky comes back will we still use the 2nd overall draft pick for ronnie brown or will we trade down i want ur opinions :confused:

If Ricky Comes Back

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

if ricky comes back will we still use the 2nd overall draft pick for ronnie brown or will we trade down i want ur opinions

Ricky can't come back before the draft. he can't come back til july. So yes, we still draft high for a RB. Theres no gaurantee in Ricky.

Saban4prez said:
What would you be upset about tho? The rookie we drafted being mediocre? Or Gordon being mediorce?

I will be upset if our first pick is mediocre, no matter who we pick. Not at anyone in particular because the draft is a crapshoot. I will just be upset because I am a Dolphins fan and a high draft pick turns out to be a bust. As for Gordon turning out subpar, well, that wouldn't be as bad IMO because we only lost a 3rd (correct?) for him, versus the #2 overall.

Saban4prez said:

The rookie being mediocre. i like what Saban has done so far, the only question for me that is left about Saban, is his evaluation skills. If he drafts say a Kay Jay Harris, who sucks, in the second, then I will be upset, because Lamar wins. But say he drafts Morency in the second, Gordon is nothing but a third down back.

All that is left, is to see what kind of evaluation skills Saban has come draft day.

The rookie being mediocre. i like what Saban has done so far, the only question for me that is left about Saban, is his evaluation skills. If he drafts say a Kay Jay Harris, who sucks, in the second, then I will be upset, because Lamar wins. But say he drafts Morency in the second, Gordon is nothing but a third down back.

All that is left, is to see what kind of evaluation skills Saban has come draft day.

I trust saban knows who to get. but i personally think he'll be surprised by gordon.

Back
Top Bottom