Would You Consider Winovich At 13? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Would You Consider Winovich At 13?

Swollcolb

Active Roster
Reaction score
Every single talent Evaluator I’ve followed seems to love this guy. He’s a high effort player, great production, strong character, and tested elite at the combine which not many people expected. He’s plays a position of need that is also a premier position. I’ve seen a lot of mocks having him late 1st early second, and I’m sure most people would say this is a reach. But I’m just curious why not winovich early he seems to have every single quality you’d want in a player with less question marks then a lot of the edge guys who will get picked ahead of him.

Yes. He is the second best edge rusher after Bosa, and he is faster and quicker than Bosa. He is a top 10 in the draft as an edge rusher.
However, they need to get one of the top 3 QBs. So Bosa, Quinnen, Winovich, whoever would be a disappointing pick.

Hell no in the second yes but 13 is crazy

I think it's a bit high for him at 13, but he'd be a good trade down target.

No way, there's no value for him there. You can get a better player and then Winovich in the second, or trade down and get Winovich + extra picks. No reason just to take him at 13.

There's no way I'd take him at 13. I like the player but nothing earlier than the 2nd round.

Hes the best Michigan prospect in this draft to me. But I would still fill more comfortable taking him in the 20s. There are better prospects that will still be available at 13.

I agree a trade down and getting him later in the first is ideal. I think my point is why isn’t the value there, why doesn’t he get mentioned with the Burns, Sweats and Rashan Gary’s nobody would blink if we took any of them but when you listen to evaluators they all love winovich and he has less ? Marks then a lot of those guys and athletically he’s just as gifted or at least pretty close

I agree a trade down and getting him later in the first is ideal. I think my point is why isn’t the value there, why doesn’t he get mentioned with the Burns, Sweats and Rashan Gary’s nobody would blink if we took any of them but when you listen to evaluators they all love winovich and he has less ? Marks then a lot of those guys and athletically he’s just as gifted or at least pretty close

Because on some imaginary draft board on the internet where fans go to check out where someone ranks, some idiot has Winovich as second round.

here's something that could mean something or it could mean nothing but it's out there.

image: http://walterfootball.com/college/Michigan_logo.gif

Michigan_logo.gif
Chase Winovich, DE/OLB, Michigan
Height: 6-2. Weight: 256. Arm: 32.75. Hand: 10.00.
40 Time: 4.59. 10-Yd: 1.57. Three Cone: 6.94.
Bench: 18. Vertical: 30.5. Broad: 9-8.
Projected Round (2019): 2-4.

3/23/19: At the combine, Winovich had a fast 40 time to help his draft grade, but his interviews left a mixed impression. Teams are worried that Winovich's personality would be over the top in a NFL locker room and are concerned with his focus on celebrity.
Read more at http://walterfootball.com/draft2019DE.php#ozO5RJt2xlkcbjjZ.99

That's a no for me. He has very little flexibility which will impact his ability to bend the corner and he is primarily a straight-line athlete (very little lateral quickness). One of those guys who's skillset and athleticism may not translate to the NFL due to those big areas of concern. He also lacks explosion and quick twitch movements you want in an edge guy.

That's a no for me. He has very little flexibility which will impact his ability to bend the corner and he is primarily a straight-line athlete (very little lateral quickness). One of those guys who's skillset and athleticism may not translate to the NFL due to those big areas of concern. He also lacks explosion and quick twitch movements you want in an edge guy.

The ability to bend the edge is not the most important factor in this defense. The ability to control the line, set the edge, win battles with their hands are more important. Those are all things Winovich does well. His testing numbers are very similar to the likes of Josh Allen. Out of control twitch is overrated in the NFL. As a Noles fan, I love me some Burns. But hes the prime example of this. His twitch is unreal and he can bend the edge, for what we are going to want from this front, hes the last person I want.

Last edited:
here's something that could mean something or it could mean nothing but it's out there.

image: http://walterfootball.com/college/Michigan_logo.gif

Michigan_logo.gif
Chase Winovich, DE/OLB, Michigan
Height: 6-2. Weight: 256. Arm: 32.75. Hand: 10.00.
40 Time: 4.59. 10-Yd: 1.57. Three Cone: 6.94.
Bench: 18. Vertical: 30.5. Broad: 9-8.
Projected Round (2019): 2-4.

3/23/19: At the combine, Winovich had a fast 40 time to help his draft grade, but his interviews left a mixed impression. Teams are worried that Winovich's personality would be over the top in a NFL locker room and are concerned with his focus on celebrity.
Read more at http://walterfootball.com/draft2019DE.php#ozO5RJt2xlkcbjjZ.99
It’s from Walterfootball so probably horseshit

Back
Top Bottom