Would you do this trade?? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Would you do this trade??

PHINSfan said:
It has been reported that Saban has spoken to 2 NFC teams regarding trading down. I believe one may be the Vikings. But who is the other NFC team?? I believe the other team is Phily. If this is the case would you do this trade:
Our #2 overall for
Phily's 1st rd (#31) two 2nd rds (#35) and (#63) and two 3rd rds (#77) (#94)
and next year 2nd rd pick.
We currently have a 3rd rd (#70)
and we are hoping KC gives us their 2nd rd (#46) for Surtain.
With these 2 trades we could end up with a total of 7 pics in the first 3 rds.
With those picks our draft could look something like this:

1st rd (#31): Charlie Frye (QB) Akron
2nd rd (#35): Ciatrick Fason (RB) Florida
2nd rd (#46): Matt Jones (WR) Arkansas
2nd rd (#63): Ernest Shazor (S) Michigan
3rd rd (#70): Michael Munoz (LT) Tennesse
3rd rd (#77): Bill Swancutt (DE) Oregon State
3rd rd (#94): Ben Wilkerson (C) LSU

Your thoughts and comments:

Absolutely I'd do it. We'd be getting so many good players from that, great for a rebuilding team like us. A couple changes I'd make tho...I'd like to see Bullocks instead of Shazor if we take a S, we have a need for a speedy ballhawk at FS and Shazor projects more to SS if he doesnt move to LB. Also, I'm not totally sold on Fason. I wouldnt mind us taking him, he has skills, but we could well take Morency or Barber at that spot too. A draft like that would be an AMAZING start to Saban, though.

FIREMEDIC822 said:
It is a deep draft. Not necessarily a weak draft. It is very deep for RB, QB, WR so I dont know about all those picks. I would take it though dont get me wrong/
its fairly deep in terms of depth but if you compare to other years theres usually more than 4-5 guys who are considered real studs. This years its 3 rbs, DJ and 2 wr. The 2 qbs are up there based on need and not much else in terms of immediate impact. Hence the top 5 picks actually have more value for a team looking for that 1 final piece

Boik14 said:
its fairly deep in terms of depth but if you compare to other years theres usually more than 4-5 guys who are considered real studs. This years its 3 rbs, DJ and 2 wr. The 2 qbs are up there based on need and not much else in terms of immediate impact. Hence the top 5 picks actually have more value for a team looking for that 1 final piece

I would agree somewhat, but I think Philly is a little more than one player away. They need a complete overhaul. They are the proverbial cinderella team that cant get it done. ALA Buffalo. They have the talent but the mindset has to be shredded after being so close for the past 5 years and no hardware to show for it.

FIREMEDIC822 said:
I would agree somewhat, but I think Philly is a little more than one player away. They need a complete overhaul. They are the proverbial cinderella team that cant get it done. ALA Buffalo. They have the talent but the mindset has to be shredded after being so close for the past 5 years and no hardware to show for it.
I dont know about that. Philly has been able to come away with great drafts the last few years because they draft well on day 2 as well as on day 1. They might have some more picks coming their way for a possible corey simon deal with baltimore. Either way theyre certainly not far off in need of a total overhaul at all. Their core is still relatively young and they do a great jo with cap mgmt.

Boik14 said:
I dont know about that. Philly has been able to come away with great drafts the last few years because they draft well on day 2 as well as on day 1. They might have some more picks coming their way for a possible corey simon deal with baltimore. Either way theyre certainly not far off in need of a total overhaul at all. Their core is still relatively young and they do a great jo with cap mgmt.

Its still got to kill these guys to get that close every year and die at the end. Donovan and TO arent getting any younger. They cant win the big one and that is unarguable till they do it. They are a great team just like the Buffalo team of the 90's. The salary cap will catch them sooner or later.

cigar said:
Good point, but I think we should just take Spiderman with the #2. We obviously wont have a shot at Superman, who will probably go to SF, but Spiderman is the elusive player we need. I wouldnt mind Batman, but I just think his lack of a true super power is too much of a gamble.
Dude you have lost your mind if you think aqua man shouldn't be #2

M3590NJ973 said:
i would like that but why would philly give up 6 picks for secnd overall?

In fact, they would be foolish not to.

Here's our old friend, the draft pick value chart, used by every team in the NFL. http://www.profootballdraft.com/draftchart.php?PHPSESSID=5daf14e0e8cda50f843c64096625ed69

As shown, we would be giving up 2600 points of value and receiving about 1834 (I valued Philly's 2006 #2 as 150 points, that is, the approximate value of a late 2005 3rd round pick).

Even if we account for the fact that this is a soft draft at the top by knocking 10% off the value of the #2 pick (260 points, making it worth 2340), we're still getting hosed.

Quantity does not always equal quality. If Philly throws in their 2006 #1, or if they turn it into a swap of Corey Simon and their #1 for the #2 overall pick, then maybe there's something to discuss.

But more likely, all this adds up to Philly not being that "other" team.

phunwin said:
If Philly throws in their 2006 #1, or if they turn it into a swap of Corey Simon and their #1 for the #2 overall pick, then maybe there's something to discuss.

Exactly what I was trying to say. The original idea was too lopsided towards Philly.

I think we want to trade down, but not essentially out of the first round. I wouldn't do it.

I think I remembered posting a thread last week about the Philly rumours and everyone was saying no way they could happen or I dont know what I am talking about. But it sames as if those rumours may just have some validity to them.

PHINSfan said:
It has been reported that Saban has spoken to 2 NFC teams regarding trading down. I believe one may be the Vikings. But who is the other NFC team?? I believe the other team is Phily. If this is the case would you do this trade:
Our #2 overall for
Phily's 1st rd (#31) two 2nd rds (#35) and (#63) and two 3rd rds (#77) (#94)
and next year 2nd rd pick.
We currently have a 3rd rd (#70)
and we are hoping KC gives us their 2nd rd (#46) for Surtain.
With these 2 trades we could end up with a total of 7 pics in the first 3 rds.
With those picks our draft could look something like this:

1st rd (#31): Charlie Frye (QB) Akron
2nd rd (#35): Ciatrick Fason (RB) Florida
2nd rd (#46): Matt Jones (WR) Arkansas
2nd rd (#63): Ernest Shazor (S) Michigan
3rd rd (#70): Michael Munoz (LT) Tennesse
3rd rd (#77): Bill Swancutt (DE) Oregon State
3rd rd (#94): Ben Wilkerson (C) LSU

Your thoughts and comments:

Where do I sign? It's not going to happen but I would do it in a heartbeat. The eagles do a hell of a job managing their cap and grooming draft picks. Hell, I'd do it for Their 1st, Their 2nd's, one of their 3rds and next years 2nd or 1st.

cigar said:
Good point, but I think we should just take Spiderman with the #2. We obviously wont have a shot at Superman, who will probably go to SF, but Spiderman is the elusive player we need. I wouldnt mind Batman, but I just think his lack of a true super power is too much of a gamble.

you're wrong, the flash is our best bet. did you see his 40-time? :eek:

Back
Top Bottom