Would you do this trade?? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Would you do this trade??

bakedmatt said:
you're wrong, the flash is our best bet. did you see his 40-time? :eek:

:roflmao: Good point. Plus, imagine the expense of having to add the water tank in all stadiums across the country for Aqua Man!:shakeno:

Yo guys ! how is it going ? well i am hearing a lot of good things about Allex Smith and mike williams and it looks like that S.F. is considering taking edwards with their first pick so i am deffinately on the Allex Smith bandwagon and I fear that if we trade down we ill probally end up with a dave wannstedt type of draft because i am still having nightmares of the A.J. FEELY trade and the drafting of linebackers with our first picks.
we must get more picks but this isnt going to happen so I am starting to feel that we should not trade down. my first 5 choices for the first rd pick are as follows.
draft qb Allex Smith
rb Ronnie Brown
qb Jason Campbell ( i know he will be a steel because of arm strength and mobility.
wr mike williams
de shuan cody
but we should not trade down.

PHINSfan said:
It has been reported that Saban has spoken to 2 NFC teams regarding trading down. I believe one may be the Vikings. But who is the other NFC team?? I believe the other team is Phily. If this is the case would you do this trade:
Our #2 overall for
Phily's 1st rd (#31) two 2nd rds (#35) and (#63) and two 3rd rds (#77) (#94)
and next year 2nd rd pick.
We currently have a 3rd rd (#70)
and we are hoping KC gives us their 2nd rd (#46) for Surtain.
With these 2 trades we could end up with a total of 7 pics in the first 3 rds.
With those picks our draft could look something like this:

1st rd (#31): Charlie Frye (QB) Akron
2nd rd (#35): Ciatrick Fason (RB) Florida
2nd rd (#46): Matt Jones (WR) Arkansas
2nd rd (#63): Ernest Shazor (S) Michigan
3rd rd (#70): Michael Munoz (LT) Tennesse
3rd rd (#77): Bill Swancutt (DE) Oregon State
3rd rd (#94): Ben Wilkerson (C) LSU

Your thoughts and comments:
:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Yeah right ....why even trade the #2 pick then if we were going to draft like that

PHINSfan said:
It has been reported that Saban has spoken to 2 NFC teams regarding trading down. I believe one may be the Vikings. But who is the other NFC team?? I believe the other team is Phily. If this is the case would you do this trade.
Our #2 overall for
Phily's 1st rd (#31) two 2nd rds (#35) and (#63) and two 3rd rds (#77) (#94)
and next year 2nd rd pick....
You are not alone in these thoughts. My post from yesterday:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Imagine Fins with 5 Picks in 1st 3 Rounds!

I've still been playing catch up with the NFL draft. For me, it's a month-long event--kinda like March Madness was for college hoops. It's not something I look at year 'round.

I just don't think that most teams are going to want to trade up to the second overall pick. Teams like Dallas, Minnesota, and San Diego have too many needs to fill and there isn't a John Elway to be had.

However, having said that, the Eagles at 31 with five picks in the first three rounds are still a Super Bowl contender on paper (assuming they haven't lost anyone to free agency that I know of). They can afford to trade up big time to land the top wide receiver in the draft. This is probably their biggest need, as we all remember what happened when Terrell Owens got injured.

On the other hand, the Dolphins have many holes to fill. Like it or not, we are rebuilding, and the more picks we have, if used properly, the more holes we could fill. I am proposing as a possible trade the Dolphins second overall pick for the Eagles five picks in the first three rounds. This might sound spectacular, but I think it is quite possible.

It would be interesting if Philly returned our original second-round pick, and we then used it to draft a QB like Charlie Frye!

I would definitely do that trade. It would allow us to fill alot of holes. We have all spoken out on what a running back loaded draft this is and we could pick one up with a later pick.

phunwin said:
In fact, they would be foolish not to.

Here's our old friend, the draft pick value chart, used by every team in the NFL. http://www.profootballdraft.com/draftchart.php?PHPSESSID=5daf14e0e8cda50f843c64096625ed69

As shown, we would be giving up 2600 points of value and receiving about 1834 (I valued Philly's 2006 #2 as 150 points, that is, the approximate value of a late 2005 3rd round pick).

Even if we account for the fact that this is a soft draft at the top by knocking 10% off the value of the #2 pick (260 points, making it worth 2340), we're still getting hosed.

Quantity does not always equal quality. If Philly throws in their 2006 #1, or if they turn it into a swap of Corey Simon and their #1 for the #2 overall pick, then maybe there's something to discuss.

But more likely, all this adds up to Philly not being that "other" team.

I agree that quantity does not always equal quality, but you have to take into consideration the fact that Saban has always said that he wants draft picks. When I made this post I looked into the draft pick value chart, but I believe that Saban has his own value chart and if he believes that this trade is something that will benefit the team, then he will do it. Besides, I dont think Phily will be willing to give us their 1st rd next year. Their 2nd rnd next year...perhaps.

sounds like you guys have been hanging w/ ricky
there is not one player in this draft that any one would be willing to give all that up for
make some scence when you write these threads
and i cant beleive all the followers that answer this crap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

ROCHESTERPHISH said:
sounds like you guys have been hanging w/ ricky
there is not one player in this draft that any one would be willing to give all that up for
make some scence when you write these threads
and i cant beleive all the followers that answer this crap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

If you dont like my thread...DONT READ IT!!!
I see you are new here so take this from somebody who has been here a while, First off, here in FishHeaven we try to be corteous to other people's ideas and believes. If you believe this is crap...fine, i respect your opinion, but dont critique what other people's ideas are. We are all Dolphins fans here, and we are all here to have some fun. So enjoy this site..

Don't know if Philly has the ammo to trade up to #2, but have read they want to trade up or for picks next year. Believe they've got 13 picks with the compensations and not a lot of roster spots available. Must be nice...

I dont think its Arizona or Chicago. Could Washington looking to replace Coles with Braylon Edwards? or Minnesota replacing Randy Moss?

I think Philly wants to trade up but dont belive they would give up that many picks to move that high but you never know.

Take thier 1st, top 2 2nds, 2 3rds, a 4th, and next years 2nd. That leaves them with a 2nd this year and a 4th plus it gives us an extra 2nd next year. Saban may have a different value on picks and could want to help out next years draft as well. If he was to do this deal with philly and we ended up with KC's 2nd for Surtain it would give us 4 picks from 31 to 63 and 7 in the top 95. Pretty good.

Back
Top Bottom