Would you do this trade?? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Would you do this trade??

PHINSfan

FinHeaven VIP
Club Member
Reaction score
It has been reported that Saban has spoken to 2 NFC teams regarding trading down. I believe one may be the Vikings. But who is the other NFC team?? I believe the other team is Phily. If this is the case would you do this trade:
Our #2 overall for
Phily's 1st rd (#31) two 2nd rds (#35) and (#63) and two 3rd rds (#77) (#94)
and next year 2nd rd pick.
We currently have a 3rd rd (#70)
and we are hoping KC gives us their 2nd rd (#46) for Surtain.
With these 2 trades we could end up with a total of 7 pics in the first 3 rds.
With those picks our draft could look something like this:

1st rd (#31): Charlie Frye (QB) Akron
2nd rd (#35): Ciatrick Fason (RB) Florida
2nd rd (#46): Matt Jones (WR) Arkansas
2nd rd (#63): Ernest Shazor (S) Michigan
3rd rd (#70): Michael Munoz (LT) Tennesse
3rd rd (#77): Bill Swancutt (DE) Oregon State
3rd rd (#94): Ben Wilkerson (C) LSU

Your thoughts and comments:

PHINSfan said:
It has been reported that Saban has spoken to 2 NFC teams regarding trading down. I believe one may be the Vikings. But who is the other NFC team?? I believe the other team is Phily. If this is the case would you do this trade:
Our #2 overall for

What makes you think the other team is Philly? I like your picks if that was the case, but just wondering if you had any "inside" knowledge or just a hunch.

don't see many impact players here. it would be cap-friendly though.

Lose Frye add Alex Barron.

Lose Munoz add a DT - Means?

The rest looks solid.

I would say that it would be teams who will be callenging for a SB next year that will be most likely to be interested in trading up.The Eagles with their 5 first day picks would certainly be a candidate.So would the Vikings and Chargers.

sounds good, but i dont think it will happen

Why would they give us so many picks for what is conceived to be a weak pick in a deep draft?:confused:

Marino Forever said:
What makes you think the other team is Philly? I like your picks if that was the case, but just wondering if you had any "inside" knowledge or just a hunch.

No inside info...just several friends who are die hard phily fans who are saying that Phily is trying really hard to move way up in the draft to pick up an impact WR. (Williams or Edwards).

I believe one of the 2nd or 3rd round picks would be used for a DT

PHINSfan said:
Our #2 overall for

Good point, but I think we should just take Spiderman with the #2. We obviously wont have a shot at Superman, who will probably go to SF, but Spiderman is the elusive player we need. I wouldnt mind Batman, but I just think his lack of a true super power is too much of a gamble.

FIREMEDIC822 said:
Why would they give us so many picks for what is conceived to be a weak pick in a deep draft?:confused:
The Eagles are in Win the SB now, before the cap eventually catches up to them.

The way I read the Eagles: they need WR opposite TO, an everydown RB(they did resign Buckhalter), and a lot of help on the defensive side of the ball.

Offer the No.2 and Booker.

FIREMEDIC822 said:
Because it has to do with proper compensation for a #2 overall. Several sites have been reporting that Saban wants to move down but that he has a value chart, and would not deviate from this chart if/when moving down.

im hoping arizona doesn't think mccown is the answer and will want one of the QBs so they'll trade up, give us the number 8 pick, their 2nd rounder and next years 1st, then we can still get one of the top 3 RBs (hopefully benson) for cheaper and get a high second rounder, and next years 1st would be great...

The 31st is WAAAAYYY lower than I would like to go and no the compensation its not nearly enough.

PHINSfan said:
Because it has to do with proper compensation for a #2 overall. Several sites have been reporting that Saban wants to move down but that he has a value chart, and would not deviate from this chart if/when moving down.

Just asking, but according to that chart all those picks are equal compensation for the #2 pick? Dont get me wrong, I would jump all over that trade. It just sounds too much like the Ditka draft for RW.

Back
Top Bottom