• YES

Votes: 67 71.3%
  • NO

Votes: 27 28.7%

• Total voters

Cheapshotz

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Would you as a fan forgive him and welcome him back as a Phins in 05?

This is fan perspective not the Dolphins players.

No, I would not forgive Ricky, but I would be willing to find out whether or not he could contribute to this team once again. Business is business at this level. Until the day he left, he was probably the best RB this team has ever had.
The combination of being a headcase and taking brutal beatings under Wanny's system made his retirement almost predictable. It would be interesting to see how Ricky would fit in under Saban's watch.

You guys are suckers for punishment.....like the girl who cheats on you several times and you still want to take her back??? I don't get it.

I'd forgive him. I know how it is playing for a sorry @ss coach. I'm glad he quit, it ruined Wannstedt and now we have an AWESOME coach.

Last year sucked, but the future looks much brighter with Saban.

Cheapshotz said:
Would you as a fan forgive him and welcome him back as a Phins in 05?

This is fan perspective not the Dolphins players.

No, and this is coming from his biggest supporter through college and the pros. It was a dream come true when he became a dolphin because he was my favorit eplayer in the NFL at the time, it didn't matter that he wasn't really doing anything great as a Saint, he was one of my beloved Longhorns in college and I loved him man. But he just freakin WALKED OUT, and it wasn't like he wanted to retire for a reason like his heart wasn't in it anymore or his body couldn't take hit, he did it because he got caught smoking weed AGAIN and didn't wanna STOP weed to stay in the NFL. Also, if he came back I wouldn't embrace him because I don't want him back. Even if his character changed and he quit weed, do you think he'll be in shape? He spent a year doing weed (and who knows what else) 24/7 in some freakin mountains. Now I don't know about where he was, but the mountains in SoCal don't have weight rooms in them, so I KNOW he isn't in shape, DEFINATELY not playing shape, he wasn't up there tokin' up then runnin the 40 and some windsprits and doing shuttle runs. PLus, I think THAT MUCH weed for THAT LONG has to have SOME effect on his mental capaicity, what if he keeps forgetting the damn playbook? Screw you ricky, you may have let me down way more than anyone else because I was a diehard fan since your days at Texas........

Roman529 said:
You guys are suckers for punishment.....like the girl who cheats on you several times and you still want to take her back??? I don't get it.

Hey, I only did that once! It was because I was young and she was THAT good at the time. :D

For me, I think it would take time. I would have to see that he is truely straightened out and is passionate about playing again, not just trying to pay back a debt. I really can't vote on this since I am undecided.

Cheapshotz said:
I'd forgive him. I know how it is playing for a sorry @ss coach. I'm glad he quit, it ruined Wannstedt and now we have an AWESOME coach.

Last year sucked, but the future looks much brighter with Saban.

I've played for crappy coaches too, AND been a workhorse RB under one of them who like, DIDN'T BELIEVE in throwing the ball for some reason, but still, you don't quit because you don't like or agree with the coach. If worse comes to worse you seek a trade/free agency and go somewhere else, you don't quit and hit the pipe. He didn't leave cuz of Dave, he left cuz he didn't wanna face the inevitable suspension and comply with the policy in the future

BlitPhinFan said:
Hey, I only did that once! It was because I was young and she was THAT good at the time. :D

For me, I think it would take time. I would have to see that he is truely straightened out and is passionate about playing again, not just trying to pay back a debt. I really can't vote on this since I am undecided.

Notice the key word is passionate here ... Hmmm still thinking about the one that was THAT good .... and yes I had mine too... brought a smile to my face just thinking about her :lol:

Oh yeah ... and HELL YEAH ... Welcome Back Ricky

Omaha_Dolfan said:
Notice the key word is passionate here ... Hmmm still thinking about the one that was THAT good .... and yes I had mine too... brought a smile to my face just thinking her :lol:

:up::wink:

Back
Top Bottom