Would You Go For Nick Foles? | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Would You Go For Nick Foles?

Wild, we got him killed early and often. That has nothing, nothing to do with him now breaking down?

Better coaching is not going to help the oline. Better play-calling? Maybe.

How do we get all of those better players without a rebuild?

Better coaching will improve the OL, that's the most important aspect of a OL is the quality of the coach

Better coaching will improve the OL, that's the most important aspect of a OL is the quality of the coach

I’d say the most important teachable quality of an olinemen is footwork and leverage/balance (cant teach size). The aforementioned can beat strength. This is very, very hard to considerably improve upon at this stage in the game. You’ve had presumably 4-8 years to hone the technique that’s become 2nd nature to you.

Communication along the oline presnap, recognition of the defense, where/how you’re shredding to the next level and hand technique IMO is very coachable.

The small fundamentals are crucial and they are imbedded through years and years of repetition. If you’ve acquired a habit of taking a bad first step per say, this is quite difficult to overcome because the instinct in that BOOM! moment is to revert to that bad habit.

I’m just an average Joe Schmo but in the little experience I do have I can tell you that footwork on the oline is a b!tch and it’s not just as easy as, “No, son. That’s wrong. You gotta do it this way.” Because you have to do it that way over and over and over again until it’s no longer a thought but a mere reaction.

Edit: after all that rambling what I was trying to convey is that coaching along the oline is only going to move the needle so far. You’ve either got the talent on the roster or you don’t.

Last edited:
I don't think it was so much a "statement", as conceding a possibility.

Right. What he was conveying is not that we are going to go 3-13 or the like but that we are ready to go 3-13 or the like.

I don’t know how the 3-13 comment suddenly became the crisis of we’re “tanking” so much so that they felt the need to issue a statement assuring the fans that’s not the plan.

When Ross said 3-13, I heard hey, fans, we are resetting this whole freakin thing and if it results in 3-13 so be it.

Wild pointed out the HC getting fired after one year and that’s obviously not going to be the case here because Ross has already told you hey, man, we are ready to go through really, really bad times in order to get this thing right from the bottom up.

That’s why I asked if he thought Ross was lying about 3-13 and would even consider firing anyone after even 2 years let alone 1.

7 Days til the action starts,and Nick Foles to Jaguars deal will be soon there after.

March 11-13 Clubs are permitted to contact, and enter into contract negotiations with, the certified agents of players who will become Unrestricted Free Agents upon the expiration of their 2018 player contracts at 4:00 p.m., New York time, on March 13.
March 13 Prior to 4:00 p.m., New York time, clubs must exercise options for 2019 on all players who have option clauses in their 2018 contracts.
March 13 Prior to 4:00 p.m., New York time, clubs must submit qualifying offers to their Restricted Free Agents with expiring contracts to retain a Right of First Refusal/Compensation.
March 13 Prior to 4:00 p.m., New York time, clubs must submit a minimum salary tender to retain exclusive negotiating rights to their players with expiring 2018 contracts who have fewer than three accrued seasons of free agency credit.
March 13 Top 51 Rule begins. All clubs must be under the 2019 Salary Cap prior to 4:00 p.m., New York time.
March 13 All 2018 player contracts will expire at 4:00 p.m., New York time.
March 13 The 2019 league year and free agency period begin at 4:00 p.m., New York time.

The first day of the 2019 league year will end at 11:59:59 p.m., New York time, on March 13. Clubs will receive a personnel notice that will include all transactions submitted to the league office during the period between 4:00 p.m., New York time, and 11:59:59 p.m., New York time, on March 13.
March 13 Trading period for 2019 begins at 4:00 p.m., New York time, after expiration of all 2018 contracts.

No because Jax really wants him and will cause a bidding war.

Add in his age and the state of this team, seems like a risk not worth taking.

My first thought after reading this thread's title was, "...like, if he were the last guy at the party?.... ohhhhhh, you mean football-wise."

Lot of money for a guy with ONE 16 games season in his career.

Back
Top Bottom