Would you guys trade away all our talent for draft picks? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Would you guys trade away all our talent for draft picks?

MiamiTrooper

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I'm not sure I want this, but it should make for some good discussion. Would u guys trade away all our talent for draft picks? I mean TOTALLY gut the team?

Would u trade Jason Taylor for 2 first round picks?

Sam Madison for a 1st rounder?

Zach Thomas for a 3rd?

Ogun for a 1st?

You guys get the idea.

I think I might do it and hang onto Ricky, Surtain, Chambers, and McMichael. I like Jason Taylor, but he makes so much $$$ and we can probably get a lot for him.

Again, this is for discussion. I'm not pushing for it. Just curious to how you all react to the idea, is all.

Originally posted by MiamiTrooper
I'm not sure I want this, but it should make for some good discussion. Would u guys trade away all our talent for draft picks? I mean TOTALLY gut the team?

Would u trade Jason Taylor for 2 first round picks?

Sam Madison for a 1st rounder?

Zach Thomas for a 3rd?

Ogun for a 1st?

You guys get the idea.

I think I might do it and hang onto Ricky, Surtain, Chambers, and McMichael. I like Jason Taylor, but he makes so much $$$ and we can probably get a lot for him.

Again, this is for discussion. I'm not pushing for it. Just curious to how you all react to the idea, is all.

I would trade Madison in a heart beat. Taylor is not worth the big bucks Miami pays him. He can't go up against big OL. I would trade him too. Ogun I would sign long term. He's already a better pass rusher than Taylor.

We shouldn't trade our talent away, that is a dumb idea. Draft picks aren't a sure thing. There is no reason to trade guys like Taylor, etc. away.

I'm just thinking about it because I'm sick of seeing most of these guys in Dolphins uniforms. We have a lot of big name talent and can probably get alot for them in trades. Just think of all the draft picks we can stockpile and we can get a new, young hungry team on the field quickly. Ver drastic though. I guess I'm having these thoughts because I'm still in a pissy mood from these last 2 losses.

This isnt the NBA or MLB.....you cant just blow up teams and get picks or prospects for your talent. No matter what you think of the big named players on defense, they arent going anywhere anytime soon.
Besides there is the fact that the dolphins management knows they must put a competitive team on the field every year or they will lose a fickle fanbase and you will start seeing pitiful sights like the empty stadium the Cardinals play in.

NO. there'll be enough guys who will be leaving after the season (mostly against their will, lol) and restructured deals to allow us to get some decent picks and FA's...

Out of the 224 (roughly, 32x7) draft picks....how many are actually playing? Doing anything? And how many of those could out-perform the players above?

Originally posted by jbond
NO. there'll be enough guys who will be leaving after the season (mostly against their will, lol) and restructured deals to allow us to get some decent picks and FA's...

I hope you're right jbond. This team needs to start over. I don't want to hear anymore that we have a "good core" of players. We have some very good players, but also a lot of players who think they are good..

I would trade only Wally & Maddison for first round picks. The others are worth more than the trade value you illustrated.

I'd rather we built through the draft and consistency than go out "shopping" for a quick fix.

I'd let go of Madison and Jason Taylor. If JT left though, would his brother-in-law ZT follow him? Depending on what MLB's were available, I'd ponder trading Zach. I'd keep O-Gun long term. No way would I let him go. PLEASE get a WR to compliment Chambers. Let's get a young guy in there who can make plays i.e. Anquan Boldin.

none of our high priced guys are tradeable - they make too much money. They can only be traded, i.e. Sam, if they re-negotiated before signing w/new team sort of like we did w/Jr and then we w/b lucky to get a 4th rder for Sam. Teams just do not trade for players anymore because it is too tough on the cap; unless they are taking another team's high price vet and giving up very little.

We will need to re build via the draft and FA

Back
Top Bottom