Would You Make this Draft Day Trade? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Would You Make this Draft Day Trade?

SF Dolphin Fan

Seasoned Veteran
Club Member
Reaction score
One of my good friends is a 49ers fan and he really, really wants Wilson, the quarterback from BYU. This seems to be the narrative for San Francisco fans, talk radio etc. Jimmy G. is kind of like their Preston Williams. He's a good player when healthy, but can't stay healthy. I believe the 49ers will move on. Picking 12th, they are right in range but would have to give up a lot.

Anyway, would you do this trade with the 49ers?

San Francisco Gets...
#3 overall pick in 2021 NFL Draft

Miami Gets...
Brandon Aiyuk Wr.
#12 overall pick in 2021 NFL Draft
#44 pick in 2021 NFL Draft*
SF #1 pick in 2022 NFL Draft

Picking outside the top 10, I believe Smith, Chase and Waddle will be gone. But there was speculation that Miami was interested in Aiyuk last year. He had a nice rookie season in San Francisco with 60 receptions, 748 yards and five touchdowns. In this draft, he'd likely be in the discussion for that #4 overall receiver with the likes of Marshall, Bateman, Moore etc.

If I had to guess, the 49ers 2022 1st rounder would be on the lower side. This team was decimated by injuries this year and could easily be a playoff team in 2022. But, you never know. I'm sure Grier never expected to end up with a top five pick as part of the Tunsil deal.

Thoughts?

No.

It’s kinda a bummer that the only team with multiple pics in the first are the Jags and Jets.

If I’m trading out of the top ten I want like a Ricky Williams type of trade. Gimme all your picks and your first next year lol.
Will never happen. Can’t spend that much money on two team’s draft picks. There is a reason why the Ricky Williams trade happens once in a lifetime. Regarding the trade suggestion by the OP......sign me up

Yes.

Aiyuk was a late #1, so that is 3 #1s and a #2.
Plus, he's proven. Would take some pressure off of Miami getting a wide receiver in the first round. But if one of those top three drops to 12, you've got an option.

No.

It’s kinda a bummer that the only team with multiple pics in the first are the Jags and Jets.

If I’m trading out of the top ten I want like a Ricky Williams type of trade. Gimme all your picks and your first next year lol.
That just shows how much the game has changed in 30 years. Ricky Williams was a special talent, but no one is trading an entire draft for a running back.

If the Niners offered that, I'd take it, as long as I could trade 12 and a 3rd to get back up and take Parsons, or Sewell, if he miraculously falls. I live near the Niners, and I told everyone during the draft that they got a good one in Aiyuk. But yeah, it's not likely they'd offer that much. Maybe without Aiyuk

That is an interesting proposal. As early as it is, I would like to see how the players generally mocked between 4-11 tend to fall closer to April.
If Lawrence, Fields, Wilson go 1-2-3, and we drop to 12, that is 8 players between Wilson and our pick.
Assuming: Sewell, Parsons, Pitts, Surtain II, Farley, Waddle, D Smith, J Chase are the next best 8...who would you go for at 12?
I would want one of those 8 mentioned, though I admit I know zero about Farley, I just keep seeing him going high. There are a couple of tackles I see mocked high, but would we go tackle at 12?
Aiyuk would be nice though.

At 12 you are praying something falls to you. Are you good with Waddle or Pitts instead of Chase, Smith, Parsons or Sewell with all of the other picks you will get? Honestly rather someone come up from 6-8 but it is all a guess right now.

Back
Top Bottom