Would You Make this Draft Day Trade? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Would You Make this Draft Day Trade?

No question, those three receivers have the potential to be elite. Not arguing that. But, being a Dolphin fan and seeing that as such a huge need maybe fans are projecting them a little higher.

As an example, most mocks I've seen have Smith in the 12-15 range, which I think is low for him. I know mock drafts aren't how GM's feel, but you could be right that all three won't go top 10.
I still expect that this year's WRs will fall off the board much like last year's receivers did. Oh, they may go a little earlier, but not as much as this highly WR Jonsin' Finheaven crowd thinks.

I expect 4 receivers to be picked in the top 15. Bateman should be the fifth and he should be there when we pick at 18.

No question, those three receivers have the potential to be elite. Not arguing that. But, being a Dolphin fan and seeing that as such a huge need maybe fans are projecting them a little higher.

As an example, most mocks I've seen have Smith in the 12-15 range, which I think is low for him. I know mock drafts aren't how GM's feel, but you could be right that all three won't go top 10.
I think the fear of losing out on one of the WR's is driving the narrative of selecting one of them at #3. That's fine and am on board. But in the trade scenario proposed, its very possible one of them would still be available at #12. The key was Wilson declaring, because it pushes Lance down a few spots and allows players to fall. Possibly to #12. Keep in mind all those players named didn't include, any CB's or Edge guys and we all know at least one or two will potentially go high. I can live with an Aiyuk/Waddle combo if a trade like this is actually made. Both are fantastic.

Lawrence, Fields, Wilson go top 5. Sewell, Chase, Parsons give you 6. Rousseau, Paye, Ojulari at least 1 of these makes top 10, maybe 2. Surtain is top 10. That gives you 8 or 9 of the top 10. Farley, Smith, Waddle, and Pitts all go in the top 15. At 12 there will be a top receiver. Could be Pitts, Smith, or Waddle, but at least 1 will be there.
Exactly. That's what im thinking.

Lawrence, Fields, Wilson go top 5. Sewell, Chase, Parsons give you 6. Rousseau, Paye, Ojulari at least 1 of these makes top 10, maybe 2. Surtain is top 10. That gives you 8 or 9 of the top 10. Farley, Smith, Waddle, and Pitts all go in the top 15. At 12 there will be a top receiver. Could be Pitts, Smith, or Waddle, but at least 1 will be there.
The assumption is Philly takes a WR, but those people aren't taking into account how bad Philly's CB's are and rumor is they are hot for a QB. So if Philly doesn't take a WR, one should be available at #12

I think the fear of losing out on one of the WR's is driving the narrative of selecting one of them at #3. That's fine and am on board. But in the trade scenario proposed, its very possible one of them would still be available at #12. The key was Wilson declaring, because it pushes Lance down a few spots and allows players to fall. Possibly to #12. Keep in mind all those players named didn't include, any CB's or Edge guys and we all know at least one or two will potentially go high. I can live with an Aiyuk/Waddle combo if a trade like this is actually made. Both are fantastic.
I've mentioned CBs before. They are ALWAYS in high demand and there are a number of them expected to go in the top 10-15 picks, but most of the WR fans here tend to leave them out of the equation... sometimes suggesting that teams in DIRE need of a CB will take a purely optional WR.

They assume our needs are everyone's needs... and after last year's historic run on WRs, I just don't see this.

I've mentioned CBs before. They are ALWAYS in high demand and there are a number of them expected to go in the top 10-15 picks, but most of the WR fans here tend to leave them out of the equation... sometimes suggesting that teams in DIRE need of a CB will take a purely optional WR.

They assume our needs are everyone's needs... and after last year's historic run on WRs, I just don't see this.
Good points.

I like Aiyuk better than Marshall and Bateman.

Waddle is probably the most likely to drop of those three since he is coming off an injury. I certainly would be happy with something like Aiyuk and Waddle with more high draft picks.

Another interesting aspect of this draft is what kind of shape will these athletes be in? I'm talking specifically about players who opted out.

I'm not a proponent of drafting Pitts, but we choose to go there, I think we'll see us in lots of two tight end formations and an end to the three TE stack formations that we've been using.
Yep, I can see that.

I'd takes Pitts over Marshall and Bateman. He's essentially a big receiver anyway.

Could be a NE target. Will be interesting to see what the Patriots do at quarterback.

Is it fair to assume that the Cap and subsequent FA may play a role in who needs what at draft time?

I'm actually hoping a couple of CBs go early. I expect that Surtain and Caleb should go before #18 and push other potential targets down to us.

Back
Top Bottom