Would you make this trade with Chicago? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Would you make this trade with Chicago?

Depending on what the team's draft plans are, I might consider a Devante Parker trade to the Bears for Anthony Miller and a 3rd round pick.

Is Mack going to play CB in that scenario? Because if they trade Howard there is going to be a huge whole on the defense at CB and the defense will be worse than last year even with Mack on the defense.
Well for one they have restructured his contract 2 times so I doubt they can trade him. Second I don’t want to trade for him, someone asked how we pay for him and the only way I see it is to trade X.

Would have to trade X and cut a few others just to sign the draft picks.
Actually Mack’s contract is very doable only making a little over $2 mil this year following a restructure.

What is not happening is the Bears swallowing $38 mil in dead cap from his contract.

Last edited:
We had 12 and two first rounders next year and two the following year before we made the move back up to 6.

20 this year, and a first the next 2 years (so 3 firsts in 2023) from the Bears and I don’t even think that’s as good as the above.

I’d want 20, their second rounder this year. Their first and second next year and their first in 2022. As crazy as that sounds if we don’t get something like that then we should’ve just stayed at 12.

What is it with this obsession to get out of the top 10 of this draft?

Not an obsession on my part, but I do realize there are teams out there who might be willing to make an offer in terms of the number of draft picks they would give us along with 2 or 3 relatively high 1st & second round picks.

If our FO thinks a good enough trade is being offered; one that leaves us in a position to get 5 or more players in the 1st 2 rounds of this draft while allowing Grier to get the players the team needs to improve - GO FOR IT.

We are not hurting at the receiver positions. there could be some improvements made, but the offensive line is a bigger concern. We have improved a fair amount on the offensive line and our current OL players are expected to improve more this year, along with our acquisition of OL FA's. We will still need a good center prospect on the field if FA fails us at that position.

Not an obsession on my part, but I do realize there are teams out there who might be willing to make an offer in terms of the number of draft picks they would give us along with 2 or 3 relatively high 1st & second round picks.

If our FO thinks a good enough trade is being offered; one that leaves us in a position to get 5 or more players in the 1st 2 rounds of this draft while allowing Grier to get the players the team needs to improve - GO FOR IT.

We are not hurting at the receiver positions. there could be some improvements made, but the offensive line is a bigger concern. We have improved a fair amount on the offensive line and our current OL players are expected to improve more this year, along with our acquisition of OL FA's. We will still need a good center prospect on the field if FA fails us at that position.
You are sadly mistaken if you think we aren't hurting at the receiver position. This team needs playmakers badly. Will Fuller isn't enough.

You are sadly mistaken if you think we aren't hurting at the receiver position. This team needs playmakers badly. Will Fuller isn't enough.
The question isn't really whether we'll bring in another playmaker, it is more a question of at what point will we do this?

Is there a gap between the fifth and sixth WR? Maybe.

Will the supposed top 2-4 WRs be as good as advertised? Doubtful... most seasons have shown that they are not.

This idea that if we take "insert your favourite receiver here" and we'll suddenly be all better is well... fanciful.

IF, IF we trade down it'd only be as far as 9 with Denver imo. Forget about going down to 20.

We'll see how well our currently signed receivers do and the extent, if any, that we draft receivers, as the season builds up.

There will NOT be a great WR at 18. All the potentially great WR’s will be long gone by the 18th pick. The best they will get if they trade away the 6th pick and move down to the 20th pick would be an average WR at 18. That is why they would need Robinson as part of the trade to move down to 20. That would allow them to draft other positions of need and not even be concerned with drafting a WR early in the draft.
Man, I totally disagree. While we have some of the best WR prospects in a while this draft to choose from in the top 10, there are many WR that could ultimately be better than the 4 projected at the top. Bateman, Toney, Elijah Moore, Terrace Marshall, etc.

If you look at draft history, there are many solid WR recently picked on day 2 and beyond: Allen Robinson, Michael Thomas, Jarvis Landry, Golden Tate, Keenan Allen, Torrey Smith, Randall Cobb, TY Hilton, Emmanuel Sanders, etc.

So many recent first round busts: Justin Blackmon, Kevin White, Charles Rodgers, Heyward-Bey, Laquan Treadwell, Tavon Austin, Corey Coleman, Phillip Dorsett, John Ross, Brashad Perriman, AJ Jenkins, etc.

FACTS:
  • 19 of the 77 wide receivers taken in the first round this century have or had fewer than 100 career receptions in the NFL
  • nine of the 77 first-round picks qualified for All-Pro and only eight of those were as wide receivers (Corderelle Patterson made first team All Pro as a punt/kickoff returner).
  • No receiver taken in the first round since Amari Cooper in 2015 has made the Pro Bowl.
So lets not get caught up in having to have a top 10 WR to guarnatee success. We can get a player for Tua at 18, 36, or 50.

Tua to Pitts. For siiiix. Get used to hearing it.

There will NOT be a great WR at 18. All the potentially great WR’s will be long gone by the 18th pick. The best they will get if they trade away the 6th pick and move down to the 20th pick would be an average WR at 18. That is why they would need Robinson as part of the trade to move down to 20. That would allow them to draft other positions of need and not even be concerned with drafting a WR early in the draft.

So you are 100% confident that Smith, Chase and Waddle will all be better than Bateman, E. Moore, Toney, Marshall, R. Moore, D. Brown, Eskridge, Collins, A. Brown and Rogers? There are no potentially great players in that 2nd group?

When was the best WR of 2020 draft taken?

Back
Top Bottom