Would you make this trade with Chicago? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Would you make this trade with Chicago?

No way. You don’t trade draft assets for veterans. Build the team through the draft with some free agents sprinkled in. If you want to trade player for player, knock your socks off.

But giving up draft assets for the right to pay a veteran player a veteran contract is how you end up top-heavy, cap-crunched, and holding the bag on an overpaid aging player. If you want Khalil Mack, draft the next version of him.

The only player that I am willing to trade out of 6, that is playing in the NFL is Chase Young, plus Their 1st this yr. Pitts is the Chase Young of this draft. If he is there at 6 we take Pitts. If not trade down. Washington can win their division with a decent qb. Fitz can win some games and the young stud like was done with Tua can be taught how to win

It's not about the picks. It's about adding perennial starters to our team in the first round that are game-changers.

IF we did a trade with CHI, I can’t see ‘players’ being involved at all ... we are already tight on CAP ...

That would cost CHI a lot of draft capital for sure ... would also push us towards a DEFENSIVE 1st round draft, which I am ok with ...

We had 12 and two first rounders next year and two the following year before we made the move back up to 6.

20 this year, and a first the next 2 years (so 3 firsts in 2023) from the Bears and I don’t even think that’s as good as the above.

I’d want 20, their second rounder this year. Their first and second next year and their first in 2022. As crazy as that sounds if we don’t get something like that then we should’ve just stayed at 12.

That’s way too much for 20 to 6. 3 firsts and 2 2nds?

Your over valuing OUR 2022 first that went to San Fran. That pick will be in the 20s.

Chicago on the hand is a year away from a complete rebuild. Despite an unfathomable record last year, their roster is bad and it only got worse this offseason.

A first round pick from an Andy Dalton lead team is a top 10 lock, especially when the rest of that teams offense stinks just as bad.

I do think Justin Fields might be the optimal pick for that franchise at this time. Roquan Smith could bring them value in the trade that Khalil Mack can’t.

My best friend and my boss are both Bears fans, I watch a lot of Bears football......I want THEIR picks a lot more than I wanted our pick.

You then open the door for the easiest trade up ever to 11.

Back
Top Bottom