Would you make this trade??? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Would you make this trade???

I dont think we could afford to have the 1st overall pick in 2 of the last 3 years.

I dont think we could afford to have the 1st overall pick in 2 of the last 3 years.

Do you guys think St. Louis and Detroit can continually pick in the Top Three year after year???? Some of these teams might just be willing to swap the first or second overall pick for a halfway decent package. I could see guys like Ginn, Porter, Crowder and probably half a dozen other guys being moved before next season....especially if we offered up the 12th overall pick in a package deal. I'd rather have two or three great players on each side of the ball then eleven average guys. :up:

The St. Louis Rams really need a QB.

Miami gives St. Louis: Tyler Thigpen, Joey Porter, Ted Ginn and our 12th overall pick.

St Louis sends us the first overall pick, and we take:

Ndamukong Suh :woot:

Thoughts???

Of course, I'd make this deal if Miami.

If I'm the Rams, I laugh and hang up the phone before you're finished proposing it.

Of course, I'd make this deal if Miami.

If I'm the Rams, I laugh and hang up the phone before you're finished proposing it.

According to the TRADE VALUE TABLE we're moving up 1,800 points from pick 12 (1,200 points) to pick 1 (3,000 points).

1,800 points is equal to the value of the #4 overall pick.

So basically, we're telling STL that Ted Ginn, Jr. and a guy some bimbo in our FO just tried to cut are equal to the value of the 4th overall pick in the draft.
:lol:

But seriously, just to play ball...

If STL drafted Gerald McCoy (which could happen) or a QB (less likely), and Suh falls to DET...

DET does need a RB badly and we could offer 1.12 and Ronnie to move up to 1.02.

I'm not saying Ronnie is worth that much of a jump either but teams want to trade out of the top 5 badly so full price may not need to be paid.

But Ginn/Porter is definitely not enough.

And can Suh be that rare undersized NT ala Jay Ratliff in DAL who is about the same size at 6'3/6'4 about 305 lbs.?

Idk...it makes it a huge gamble if you pay to move up and then bust. There is no sure thing. I think Dan Williams at 12 could be just as likely to have a nice career as Suh or McCoy. Ya never know...

If STL drafted Gerald McCoy (which could happen) or a QB (less likely), and Suh falls to DET...

I'm not saying Ronnie is worth that much of a jump either but teams want to trade out of the top 5 badly so full price may not need to be paid.

And can Suh be that rare undersized NT ala Jay Ratliff in DAL who is about the same size at 6'3/6'4 about 305 lbs.?

no way you can trade up to the # 2 pick with that. what id like to do is keep ronnie, franchise him next year (hopefully he has a probowl season) and trade him, our first, and our third for wherever Mark Ingram is supose to be picked.

no way you can trade up to the # 2 pick with that. what id like to do is keep ronnie, franchise him next year (hopefully he has a probowl season) and trade him, our first, and our third for wherever Mark Ingram is supose to be picked.

Yeah I think we're probably better off just keeping Ronnie but I was just saying that Ronnie would have a better chance of helping us trade up for Suh than Ginn/Porter.

My offseason had....

(Assuming Dez was off the board.)

1. Dan Williams
2. Demaryius Thomas
3. AJ Edds
4. Larry Asante
FA Karlos Dansby
FA Ben Watson
Re-sign) JT, Ferguson, Bess, Nate Jones, Fasano.

That gives us two nice vet TEs and two great vet RBs around Henne and a nice blend of young WRs.

The Lions already have a RB on the IR with a torn ACL... they don't need another.

Mark Ingram seems a long ways away right now but that RB class could be better than this one.

If we did trade Ronnie now...let's say for an early 2nd round pick, I'd be inclined to use that pick on D or for a WR and then just wait until round 4 for a RB (Tate, Dixon or Hardesty).

But keeping Ronnie could be helpful to Henne. As long as we cool off on the wildcat.

I really, really like all of the SEC backs....I think they're all virtual locks to make rosters and contribute soon....I like them because I think they're all 3 down backs...who can run between the tackles and their running styles fit what gets it done in the NFL....

Hardesty is the most underrated back in this draft....and wouldn't surprise me a bit if ends up the best pro running back out of this class....wouldn't surprise me if any of the SEC backs end up the best pro out of this class...I really like them all...

Yet none of them can touch Mark Ingram....everything about him, his build, his running style, his incredible vision and balance, amazing burst, explosiveness, tackle breaking ability, his personality, etc....reminds me a lot of Ricky Williams when he was at Texas...

And he's not even the best running back on his own team.....Trent Richardson is the best NFL prospect in all of college football IMO...even as a freshman....

I know there is a drug problem in the city of St. Louis. I don't think it has pervaded the office of the Rams though.

Back
Top Bottom