Would You Rather: a #1 WR or a #1 TE | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Would You Rather: a #1 WR or a #1 TE

WR or te

• Dynamic WR

Votes: 44 37.6%
  • Prototypical TE

Votes: 73 62.4%

• Total voters
Simple question. If given the choice to pick, either through FA or the draft, which would you rather prefer:

A) Dynamic WR with size (6'4", 240 lbs) and speed (4.40 range) who could contest for catches while providing a viable deep & red zone threat.

or

B) Prototypical TE with size (6'6", 260 lbs) and speed (4.50 range) with decent blocking skills while providing a viable seam & red zone threat.

I would choose B. Although I think we could make some obvious improvements in our WR core, I believe a modern day TE would be a game changer for T-hill and would demand the coverage and attention in the middle of the field that we have been missing.

*FWIW, It was my purpose to make this a public poll. I botched that.

#1 TE is one of the most difficult positions to find, so TE by far

On the assumption that the long ball is the fatal flaw in Tannehill's game I would have to pick a tight end. If the most you can do accurately is hit for 25 yards, then you had better have a bunch of receivers who can get open within the 25 yard box.

According to below, there's some intriguing options available in FA.

http://www.spotrac.com/free-agents/nfl/ufa/tight-end/#

Obviously, Julius Thomas would be re-signed by broncos but some of these could be available

Jordan Cameron
Jermaine Gresham
Larry Donnell
Lance Kendricks
Niles Paul
Owen Daniels

Denver May not be able to sign him, they have a few free agents coming up next year. I Like Cameron a lot as well.

I'm a greedy bastard Sons of Shula -- I want both! I realize it would be difficult to add both types of players, but in today's offense with the passing game what it is why not strive for that? But to answer your question as to which I would rather have if it could be just one, I'd go tight end. Gronk over Fitzgerald in this offense.

Well, if we're factoring in which one we can actually address this off-season, then it's clearly WR. This draft apepars to be LOADED with big bodied guys, while I don't think anyone is excited about this TE class.

Ya but as I think about it, factoring in the rest of my post I think if we want to open up our offense we need a big WR that can get downfield. Helps in the redzone, helps us get deep. I guess this is a question of if I'd rather have Graham or Demyarius.

I liked what I saw out of Clive Walford, and as far as WR's go from my brief look I like Ty Montgomery's skillset in this offense. Great YAC, great size. Sammie Coates could be our Alshon Jeffrey. Just my early takeaways.

According to below, there's some intriguing options available in FA.

http://www.spotrac.com/free-agents/nfl/ufa/tight-end/#

Obviously, Julius Thomas would be re-signed by broncos but some of these could be available

Jordan Cameron
Jermaine Gresham
Larry Donnell
Lance Kendricks
Niles Paul
Owen Daniels

Cameron would be a great get but a risky one. Like Donnell but might be too similar to Sims.

I'll take the true alpha dog WR all the way to the bank. The rules are slanted to the passing game, take the next Larry Fitzgerald, Jerry Rice, or Andre Johnson clone. To be perfectly outside of Jarvis Landry, Miami has pure crap at the WR position. Hartline is maxed out, Mathews can't find the field, and Gibson can't stay healthy. Pure crap.

Take the alpha dog .......

tumblr_inline_n5gmmdx9V11rjf3sr-1.jpg

A game changing tight end would do wonders for this offense no doubt. We definitely need that big, reliable redzone presence (ala Graham, Gonzalez, Gates or Gronk) if we want to take the next step. I thought we had one in Clay, but he can't seem to stay healthy.

Back
Top Bottom