• Prototypical TE

Votes: 73 62.4%

• Total voters

Sons Of Shula

not a dull boy
☠️ Banned ☠️
Club Member
Reaction score
Simple question. If given the choice to pick, either through FA or the draft, which would you rather prefer:

A) Dynamic WR with size (6'4", 240 lbs) and speed (4.40 range) who could contest for catches while providing a viable deep & red zone threat.

or

B) Prototypical TE with size (6'6", 260 lbs) and speed (4.50 range) with decent blocking skills while providing a viable seam & red zone threat.

I would choose B. Although I think we could make some obvious improvements in our WR core, I believe a modern day TE would be a game changer for T-hill and would demand the coverage and attention in the middle of the field that we have been missing.

*FWIW, It was my purpose to make this a public poll. I botched that.

Last edited by a moderator:
TE. Dolphins need a legit red zone threat in the worst way

I'd have to say that those "B" guys are harder to find and simply more valuable. So I'm going with the tight end.

Well, perhaps we won't have Wallace and Hartline for much longer. If we should part with 'em, I gotta go with WR based on need.

Doesnt B look alot like jordan...? Hell Gates played basketball before he came to the NFL... Who says Jordan cant catch a freaking ball...

Doesnt B look alot like jordan...? Hell Gates played basketball before he came to the NFL... Who says Jordan cant catch a freaking ball...

I'm interested in what we might have going on there. Very intrigued in fact.

With talent being equal and with Laundry and Wallace on board next year I would go with the TE. That would give us a tripple type threat and if you take our current TE/FB into the equation if healthy next year charles clay.

Well, perhaps we won't have Wallace and Hartline for much longer. If we should part with 'em, I gotta go with WR based on need.

I agree with this. It would be nice to have a 2nd home grown WR. I say 2nd because I think Landry is going to be a good receiver for this team for a long time. Both elite TEs and elite WRs aren't easy to come by so if we get either or I'd be pleased but I lean WR.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Once, Tannehill starts hitting those downfield balls, I'd go with A. Imagine having a Julio Jones with Mike Wallace as the 2, Landry in the slot. And we could still upgrade at TE potentially...

But for now, I think a TE does more for our offense

Tight end. Without a doubt.

The college and pro games are way behind the curve in matching up against the premium athletes at tight end by putting some of their best athletes at linebacker. It's going to take another half generation before you start seeing more guys like Ryan Shazier and Alex Ogletree come down the pipe, and until then tight ends like Jimmy Graham and Rob Gronkowski are going to rule the galaxy.

Not to mention, Ryan Tannehill has always preferred to throw inside the hashes. That's why Ryan Swope was the top receiver at Texas aTm and why Jarvis Landry has become Tannehill's favorite so quickly this year. You can invest in the top outside threats all you want. He's always going to prefer throwing inside. Might as well just get used to it and draft accordingly.

Back
Top Bottom