Would you rather have Jason Taylor and Jake Long, or... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Would you rather have Jason Taylor and Jake Long, or...

ahmajokester

Scout Team
Reaction score
Vernon Gholston and Bryant McKinnie?

I'm struggling with that one...

I think the Vikes would take a straight up deal of JT for McKinnie...

I think I would rather have Gholston and McKinnie if it weren't for McKinnie's ehh "maturity" problems...

We know McKinnie is All-pro LT.. Long ?? COULD be all pro LT, or could end up being another Vernon Carey -- average at best LT and really good RT..

Gholston is obviously much younger than JT.

This is just my opinion, but I think Gholston will turn out to be a true stud...

And I also think that Gholston fits the 3-4 defense better than Taylor does as well..

So, what do you guys think??

Gholston and McKinnie...

Or JT and Long?

Jake Long #1. Trade JT for a 2nd and draft Lawrence Jackson with it or Groves at #32. Still have two 2nd rounders. Use one on a CB (Porter, Cason, ect) and the other on either ILB, G, or TE.

C. Long and Mckinnie..........I lnow that wasn't one of your options but thats my hope.

I'm with you...Chris Long and McKinnie and would love to see B Albert with the #2a pick but if not available either one of the stud CBs,LBs,or DEs depending upon who we have rated as best player available.Either way we would be vastly improved of last year

Vernon Gholston & Bryant McKinnie. And it's not even close!

That would be a dream scanario for me! I don't think Long will ever end up being as good as McKinnie, and Gholston could end up being LT-esque. All this while JT is already, what 34 years old?

Give me those two and get ready to punch your ticket for the Super Bowl baby!

I think I would rather have Gholston and McKinnie if it weren't for McKinnie's ehh "maturity" problems...

We know McKinnie is All-pro LT.. Long ?? COULD be all pro LT, or could end up being another Vernon Carey -- average at best LT and really good RT..

This is just my opinion, but I think Gholston will turn out to be a true stud...

And I also think that Gholston fits the 3-4 defense better than Taylor does as well..

Gholston and McKinnie...

Or JT and Long?

I'll pass on Jake Long and Vernon Gholston at #1. Long lacks ideal athleticism and Gholston lacks ideal motor and change of direction.

I think this front office will pass on McKinnie.

I think trading Taylor is possible, yet, Porter does not completely fit the size requirements the Front Office looks for in outside linebackers, leaving me questioning why Miami would move Taylor. I just think they might actually view him as a guy they will need during this transition.

JT and Jake Long easily.

I think that Taylor has three to four good years left. We can draft a DE/OLB in the first round next year, let him play with JT for a year or two and then have his replacement ready to step in.

Sometimes I think of this team as a big of a triage . . . you have to address the most serious needs first. As you saw in my mock, I have us taking a LT, CB, ILB, RG, and TE with the first five picks as five immediate starters. I just don't see the value of trading a very good starter for a rookie who will start at the same position. Not this year anyway.

Gholston and McKinnie...

Or JT and Long?
The only part of your post that makes no sense to me is where you say vernon gholston would be better in the 3-4 then taylor. have you forgotten taylor was dpoy in the 3-4 under saban

I would rather trade Taylor to Philly for Litto

Jake Long
Groves
Litto Shepard

However in your snenario I would rather McKinnie and Gholston. Only reason is as much as I feel Long will be a franchise LT he is still unproven and who knows what he will do. We already know McKinnie is a top tackle in this league. Also I don't believe in Chris Long. I would rather have Gholston. Taylor, I would like to trade him while we can still get a 2nd for him.

I think the real question is Chris Long and the best available OT at a second round pick(given in return for JT) in one of the deepest OT drafts in years, vs Jake Long and JT(for a year or two more). If you ask me Chris and an OT that maybe slips into the second round is allot more enticing

I think the real question is Chris Long and the best available OT at a second round pick(given in return for JT) in one of the deepest OT drafts in years, vs Jake Long and JT(for a year or two more). If you ask me Chris and an OT that maybe slips into the second round is allot more enticing

See your last sentence is key

"and an OT that maybe slips into the 2nd round."

Why chance it? IMO Jake Long is better at his position then Chris is at his. Plus many will argue Gholston is better the Chris

I also have an issue with taking a guy who only had a great senior year and his previous 2 years he was nothing, over a Tackle who dominated his whole college career. Not just his senior year.

Back
Top Bottom