Would You Rather, Part II | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Would You Rather, Part II

SF Dolphin Fan

Seasoned Veteran
Club Member
Reaction score
So, with Miami trending for a top 10 pick and Houston currently sitting at 0-2, I wonder what the fan-base would prefer.

Parsons, Rousseau with the first two selections or...

Sewell, Chase 1-2???

Right now, I think the front 7 needs work. At least one difference maker. Honestly, I'm not completely sold on Rosseau, but Parsons looks like one the best linebackers to come out in a long time.

The combination of Sewell and Chase would likely complete the offensive rebuild in a big, big way, or get close to that (center, rb could be improved). Sewell could play RT and protect Tua's blindside. I think he's a top 3 pick and I don't think Miami will be quite that bad, but maybe? Chase is the best of what looks like a really good group of receivers.

It is too early to tell if they will need to add one more top OL prospect to the mix but pass rush and LB are clear and obvious needs.

A truly electric WR would be nice but is not an actual need.

IF Tua is who we think he is and they block well enough then a solid group of pass catchers is more than adequate.A 2nd round WR would make more sense than spending big on a guy like Chase as good as he could be.

But a legit edge rusher and a play making LB like Parsons would really upgrade the defense.

Don't understand what the OP is asking, but my thought process:

Jamar Chase is special. He's the most dominant receiver to come out since Julio at least. No doubt in my mind.

However, Penei Sewell is also special. He's the most dominant tackle to come around since Joe Thomas.

I really do like Parsons a lot, but I don't have him on the level of the other two I just mentioned. He's not Kuechly good, at least to me.

So what does this mean for the Dolphins? Well, lets say we have the 3rd pick and QBs go #1 and #2. What's the move? I do not envy Chris Grier in this scenario. My heart wants Chase but my head says we have to do everything to protect Tua. And Sewell won't let him get touched for a decade plus. It's an extremely tough call.

I don’t understand why both selections need to be offense or defense.

How about take the two best players regardless of position?

That said, with the rules of today highly favoring offenses and limiting defenses, I gotta go with the offensive guys.

It is too early to tell if they will need to add one more top OL prospect to the mix but pass rush and LB are clear and obvious needs.

A truly electric WR would be nice but is not an actual need.

IF Tua is who we think he is and they block well enough then a solid group of pass catchers is more than adequate.A 2nd round WR would make more sense than spending big on a guy like Chase as good as he could be.

But a legit edge rusher and a play making LB like Parsons would really upgrade the defense.
Agree that, as of now, pass rusher and linebacker are obvious needs.

Perhaps an interior guy like Humphreys depending on Karros, who I think has been decent.

With those four early picks, I'd expect a pass rusher, a linebacker, wide receiver and either a safety or offensive lineman.

Personally I want a dominating Offensive Line so I would not be done building that group.Another OT would be higher on my wish list that WR/RB.

A impact front 7 defender would really do this team a lot of good as well.A stud pass rusher and/or a truly great OLB like Parsons.

But I will have to see the rest of the games and then the Draft order and who is on the board before I start really looking at positions.

Not to mention the possibility of trading up in either round and targeting a real stud versus taking 4 guys.

Right now my absolute favorites are Sewell and Parsons, but we are not getting both of them without a 4-12 record and a trade, or maybe a Deshaun Watson injury.

Personally I want a dominating Offensive Line so I would not be done building that group.Another OT would be higher on my wish list that WR/RB.

A impact front 7 defender would really do this team a lot of good as well.A stud pass rusher and/or a truly great OLB like Parsons.

But I will have to see the rest of the games and then the Draft order and who is on the board before I start really looking at positions.

Not to mention the possibility of trading up in either round and targeting a real stud versus taking 4 guys.

Right now my absolute favorites are Sewell and Parsons, but we are not getting both of them without a 4-12 record and a trade, or maybe a Deshaun Watson injury.
With the addition of Sewell, Miami's offensive line could be the best in football. I'd play him at RT to protect Tua's blindside. But, I agree we don't know the draft order and I really don't think the Dolphins will be bad enough to pick top 5. I think Sewell goes top 3, maybe after the two top-rated quarterbacks.

There are some nice tackles besides Sewell in this draft. Leatherwood comes to mind, as probably a top 10-15 guy.

Don't complain about the pass rush if we let Rousseau get past us.

1a. Rousseau
1b. Waddle...because Chase might very well be gone.

Don't complain about the pass rush if we let Rousseau get past us.

1a. Rousseau
1b. Waddle...because Chase might very well be gone.

Waddle might be a better fit anyway because of his speed and familiarity with Tua. Rousseau makes me nervous. I see the Bosa Bros and Chase Young as top 5 picks but then I watch Rousseau and feel cheated.

Good topic. I like the early draft talk.

Clearly we need defensive front 7 help above all else if we are talking about the weakness of the team. We don’t have guys who are unblockable. That has to change immediately.

That said, we have a lot of our hopes pinned to one guy’s future and getting him the assets he needs should supersede the defensive needs, I guess?

I’ll throw a wrinkle into this and say I’d take Sewell and Creed Humphrey and sit back and watch as Myles Gaskin leads the NFL in rushing every year......and then watch the guy who replaces Gaskin (after getting a big FA contract) lead the league in rushing.

I like Rondale Moore for this offense as well as a lot of Safeties and the Bama WRs. We should have a haul with our early picks.

In addition to getting top talent I joe part of the draft agenda is to find a way to add 2022 picks. No way does this roster need 10-12 draft picks next year so getting at least 1 future 2nd would be nice.

Draft picks are the key to everything.

Waddle might be a better fit anyway because of his speed and familiarity with Tua. Rousseau makes me nervous. I see the Bosa Bros and Chase Young as top 5 picks but then I watch Rousseau and feel cheated.
Smith or Waddle have both played with Tua, which would probably make for a smoother transition.

I like both. Waddle will likely go higher with his tantalizing speed.

Good topic. I like the early draft talk.

Clearly we need defensive front 7 help above all else if we are talking about the weakness of the team. We don’t have guys who are unblockable. That has to change immediately.

That said, we have a lot of our hopes pinned to one guy’s future and getting him the assets he needs should supersede the defensive needs, I guess?

I’ll throw a wrinkle into this and say I’d take Sewell and Creed Humphrey and sit back and watch as Myles Gaskin leads the NFL in rushing every year......and then watch the guy who replaces Gaskin (after getting a big FA contract) lead the league in rushing.

I like Rondale Moore for this offense as well as a lot of Safeties and the Bama WRs. We should have a haul with our early picks.

In addition to getting top talent I joe part of the draft agenda is to find a way to add 2022 picks. No way does this roster need 10-12 draft picks next year so getting at least 1 future 2nd would be nice.

Draft picks are the key to everything.
I would love to see Miami add another potential dominant offensive lineman. Sewell and Humphrey 1-2, and the Dolphins offense is staying on the field, even with average skill position players.

Davis from Ohio State is another tone setter on offense, but he's probably limited to guard only and Miami looks set there.

I would love to see Miami add another potential dominant offensive lineman. Sewell and Humphrey 1-2, and the Dolphins offense is staying on the field, even with average skill position players.

Davis from Ohio State is another tone setter on offense, but he's probably limited to guard only and Miami looks set there.

Ya I love Davis too. That will depend on Ereck Flowers impact this year. I am sure they want to get at least 2 starting seasons out of that contract so who knows about the 2022 OL, other than Jackson and Kindley. You’d expect Hunt to be in that line up as well.

Keeping an eye on the OC from Kentucky, Drake Jackson and obviously the Iowa guy. I don’t want to wait too long before having our future center in the line up.

There appears to be solid RT options possibly in the 2nd/3rd.

Back
Top Bottom