Would You Rather, Part II | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Would You Rather, Part II

Ya I love Davis too. That will depend on Ereck Flowers impact this year. I am sure they want to get at least 2 starting seasons out of that contract so who knows about the 2022 OL, other than Jackson and Kindley. You’d expect Hunt to be in that line up as well.

Keeping an eye on the OC from Kentucky, Drake Jackson and obviously the Iowa guy. I don’t want to wait too long before having our future center in the line up.

There appears to be solid RT options possibly in the 2nd/3rd.
Davis is so physical. I'd love to see Miami add someone like that, but he's likely a top 20 pick. Any thoughts on Alex Lindstrom? Not in round 1, but maybe 2-3?

Davis is so physical. I'd love to see Miami add someone like that, but he's likely a top 20 pick. Any thoughts on Alex Lindstrom? Not in round 1, but maybe 2-3?

Can’t say I know anything about him other than he goes to Flores’ alma mater. He’s consistently showing up in mock drafts in the 2-4 range.

I know IOL picks don’t excite a lot of people but I’m always down.

Your not winning Lombardis with weak POA play.

Can’t say I know anything about him other than he goes to Flores’ alma mater. He’s consistently showing up in mock drafts in the 2-4 range.

I know IOL picks don’t excite a lot of people but I’m always down.

Your not winning Lombardis with weak POA play.
Yep, the game is still won in the trenches. Would hate to miss out on the talent at wide receiver, but Miami still needs adds on DL and OL.

If Flores believes you build a team from the trenches out; you can make a case that the front 7 is next in getting a makeover.

If anything drafting 3 Offensive Linemen in 2020, showed a commitment to righting a wrong.

Miami's run defense has been abysmal since the Joe Philbin era. It needs to be corrected.

There is potential, depending on where Miami eventually is selecting in the 1st round, that may dictate who they select. You'd have to believe if they are in position to select Parsons they'd make the choice.

I don't think either one of our #1s will be top 5.

Houston is a good team that has faced a buzz-saw schedule. They'll win most of their games from here on out.

I think we'll win at least 5 or 6 games unless we get hit with a raft of injuries.

My guess is that our picks will fall in the 8-15 range.

If Flores believes you build a team from the trenches out; you can make a case that the front 7 is next in getting a makeover.

If anything drafting 3 Offensive Linemen in 2020, showed a commitment to righting a wrong.

Miami's run defense has been abysmal since the Joe Philbin era. It needs to be corrected.

There is potential, depending on where Miami eventually is selecting in the 1st round, that may dictate who they select. You'd have to believe if they are in position to select Parsons they'd make the choice.
When you can't stop the run, it sure makes it tough on a defense. Three games in and teams are gashing Miami on the ground.

That Houston pick might end up being pretty high. Miami might end up with two picks in the top 15.

I don't think either one of our #1s will be top 5.

Houston is a good team that has faced a buzz-saw schedule. They'll win most of their games from here on out.

I think we'll win at least 5 or 6 games unless we get hit with a raft of injuries.

My guess is that our picks will fall in the 8-15 range.
Probably true. I have Miami going 7-9, but it's a tough schedule. Houston should rebound, unless there are major injuries. I'm thinking 8-8 or 9-7.

Sewell if we can get him, he's special. It's not the deepest Edge class so I'd leave that to FA. But it looks like a deep WR and Safety class, and we can get very good WR easily in the middle of the 1st round (Smith, Waddle or Bateman).

I’ve had my fill of corn fed 1st and 2nd round picks. I want playmakers on both sides of the ball with Miami’s first 4 picks.

I’ve had my fill of corn fed 1st and 2nd round picks. I want playmakers on both sides of the ball with Miami’s first 4 picks.
I agree, but I also want close to the best offensive line in football. Why not? Look at all the time Dak Prescott has to survey the field and find open receivers. That extra one or two seconds is an eternity in the NFL.

The fact that Tua has already had significant injuries places even more of an emphasis on protecting him well.

Maybe the front office can start to find some offensive line gems in the middle rounds.

In all due respect to getting a top O-Linemen and top WR which would help Tua bigtime...Got to go defense with Parsons, and Rousseau.

Miami right now has a very talented pair of receivers (That just need to get healthy), and pass-catching TE, with solid talent behind them, when Tua finally comes in, it will prove to be more then enough, but that defense needs to be fixed if Miami is to be competitive.

Parsons is the play maker we drastically need on the front 7, and Rousseau is the pass-rusher that will make the secondaries job, much easier.

Get the receiver in the 2nd and if by thenend of the season, Hunt is not dominating the R-Tackle, get the tackle in the 2nd also.

In all due respect to getting a top O-Linemen and top WR which would help Tua bigtime...Got to go defense with Parsons, and Rousseau.

Miami right now has a very talented pair of receivers (That just need to get healthy), and pass-catching TE, with solid talent behind them, when Tua finally comes in, it will prove to be more then enough, but that defense needs to be fixed if Miami is to be competitive.

Parsons is the play maker we drastically need on the front 7, and Rousseau is the pass-rusher that will make the secondaries job, much easier.

Get the receiver in the 2nd and if by thenend of the season, Hunt is not dominating the R-Tackle, get the tackle in the 2nd also.
I could definitely see that. If Parsons is there when its Miami's pick, I think they sprint the card up. The Dolphins could even trade up for him.

Not as sold on pass rushers, but Miami likely takes one high.

I could definitely see that. If Parsons is there when its Miami's pick, I think they sprint the card up. The Dolphins could even trade up for him.

Not as sold on pass rushers, but Miami likely takes one high.

I actually agree with you on pass-rushers, but we need one so bad, that I don't think Miami can wait till the 2nd.

Maybe in FA, but again Miami wants to stay young, and a young talented pass-rusher will never smell FA unless he is rediculously overpriced, or a problem child...Two things Miami wants no part of.

Extremely doubtful, but maybe someone that is on the team now, or eventually might be brought in, could become the pass-rusher we are hoping for this year.

I actually agree with you on pass-rushers, but we need one so bad, that I don't think Miami can wait till the 2nd.

Maybe in FA, but again Miami wants to stay young, and a young talented pass-rusher will never smell FA unless he is rediculously overpriced, or a problem child...Two things Miami wants no part of.

Extremely doubtful, but maybe someone that is on the team now, or eventually might be brought in, could become the pass-rusher we are hoping for this year.
You are so right. Unless you want to spend in the neighborhood of $20 million a year, you've got to find a pass rusher in the draft. Doesn't have to be 2021 necessarily.

Maybe Miami will look at the KC model and stock up on playmakers. But Flores will more likely want to build the defense.

There are still significant holes so best player available might be the mantra for the 2021 draft.

Right now my thinking would be impact defender's in R 1 and offensive help in R 2.

But an outstanding OT early would not bother me at all.

I could be talked into a WR in R 1 but not early and only if the board dictates it. Even then I would probably look to trade down.

Back
Top Bottom