Would You Rather | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Would You Rather

jdleddy

Active Roster
Reaction score
I am having trouble seeing the wisdom of Miami's trade with the Eagles as very rarely in the history of the draft have there been 3 or 4 receivers, if you include Pitts, taken in the first 11 picks of the draft. So let me pose this question.

Would you rather have:

A: Ja'Marr Chase - Assuming he is the reason we traded. OR

B: Whichever of Chase, Smith Waddle or Pitts is available at #12 and keeping the first rounder we gave Philly. OR

C: The top 4 receivers are gone so we go best marriage of BPA and need at 12, Bateman at 18 and Marshall, Toney, St. Brown or one of the Moore's in round 2, which keeps the #1 we gave Philly with us. With Fuller only signed for 1 year, we were probably double dipping at receiver anyway. In this example, we complete the double dip in round 2.

Just curious as to what the fan base is thinking of this trade.

At this point I trust both Grier and Flores over anyone on this message board; and there are some truly bright and invested minds on here. Anything they do is going to get the benefit of the doubt from me until they prove otherwise. Miami fans have had it so bad for so long it’s hard for them to understand anything but cynicism and doubt. I admit I’m not sure how to handle a competent coach and GM but I am sure as hell enjoying figuring it out!

For me, I think my hope is Pitts or Parsons. I also hope they grab a receiver later regardless of the first pick. I hope they take advantage of a deep WR class while the opportunity is there.

I think they considered one of three players critical to obtain. If they're all there when we pick, we could trade back again if the situation arises.

In their minds, FA worked out the way they wanted...they are basically dealing with a three round draft with five picks. It's possible they have their specific players in mind (which would cause mass hysteria on FH if they picked a player perceived too high.🤣🤣🤣)

Mine would go something like this:

1a. Pitts
1b. JOK or Ojulari
2a. Richie Grant
2b. Javonte Williams
3. Tutu Atwell

If I was drafting, that's the direction I'd go....keeping an open mind, of course.

I ABSOLUTELY would have stayed at 12. Two firsts in the next three years? Hell yes.

I've maintained for months that what we need is a super slot receiver... not a flank, so trading down was always my goal.

Pitts seems like the type of guy we need.

In terms of RB, Im in the minority in thinking that Javonte Williams is the better back for us.

It's a good topic. Wasn't thrilled by the move up, although it certainly could turn into a great move when all is said and done.

I go back and forth as to who I think Miami will take. I'm thinking Smith, but good arguments could be made for a number of players.

But to your point, it will be interesting to see if any of those receivers make it to #12. If so, this will be a discussion point after the draft.

It's a good topic. Wasn't thrilled by the move up, although it certainly could turn into a great move when all is said and done.

I go back and forth as to who I think Miami will take. I'm thinking Smith, but good arguments could be made for a number of players.

But to your point, it will be interesting to see if any of those receivers make it to #12. If so, this will be a discussion point after the draft.

we could do another group mock in the draft forum

I’d have stayed at 12. At least 4 QBs go in the top 10, so you need to be ok with 8 guys. No problem
I tend to agree. Obviously, Grier thinks the player(s) he's targeting will be gone before #12.

There's also a small possibility that Carolina, sitting at #8 or Denver, at #9, could move up a few spots with Miami for Lance or Jones.

Atlanta would seem like the go to trade partner at #4, though.

I think they considered one of three players critical to obtain. If they're all there when we pick, we could trade back again if the situation arises.

In their minds, FA worked out the way they wanted...they are basically dealing with a three round draft with five picks. It's possible they have their specific players in mind (which would cause mass hysteria on FH if they picked a player perceived too high.🤣🤣🤣)

Mine would go something like this:

1a. Pitts
1b. JOK or Ojulari
2a. Richie Grant
2b. Javonte Williams
3. Tutu Atwell

If I was drafting, that's the direction I'd go....keeping an open mind, of course.
I like that, but I think the odds are Williams goes higher.

Somehow, I want Miami to draft Humphrey. Not sold on the center position and he would give Miami a long-term solution.

Back
Top Bottom