Would You Rather | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Would You Rather

jdleddy

Active Roster
Reaction score
Miami is on the clock at #6. Falcons have taken Pitts. Bengals have taken Chace.

Would you rather:

(A) Pick Waddle or Smith
(B) Pick Sewell
(C) Attempt to trade down with a QB needy team. And what price would you charge for the trade down knowing if you go too expensive, Detroit is ready willing and able to undercut your asking price.

Just curious to see what the members are thinking, if this hypothetical plays out.

Can’t go wrong, no way to **** it up

I'd rather take Smith over Waddle but it's really close.
I would take Sewell as well.
Let me put it this way;
I'd be happy with Pitts, Smith or Sewell at 6.

Assuming it is a solid trade offer I would rank the options as:

1. Trade Down
2. Sewell
3. Waddle

A small trade back could well see Miami landing Waddle or Sewell anyway while picking up a little extra in this draft or the next.

I would try to trade down a few spots and get either Smith or Waddle and maybe an additional 2nd rounder. Saying that, I'd be okay with Sewell if Miami turned around and took Elijah Moore at #18, or with a slight trade down. I'm watching to see how early Moore goes. I expect he'll go a lot higher than expected.

Unless we plan on moving Jackson to RT I don’t know if Sewell is a good option for us long term. I could see this turning into an Orlando brown situation where either Jackson or Sewell want to be compensated as a left tackle and well have to trade one of them. We would be be better off taking a RG or RT with one of our picks later imo.

I would try to trade down a few spots and get either Smith or Waddle and maybe an additional 2nd rounder. Saying that, I'd be okay with Sewell if Miami turned around and took Elijah Moore at #18, or with a slight trade down. I'm watching to see how early Moore goes. I expect he'll go a lot higher than expected.
I really like E Moore.

He is more than just a slot WR, (where he will excel)he can beat people down field as well.

If he was 6-1 he might be WR 1 in this class.

Moore or Bateman at #18 to go with Sewell would work for me.

I would prefer Chase/Darrisaw but not by that much. A both of them may well be gone when the Fins pick anyway.

I really like E Moore.

He is more than just a slot WR, (where he will excel)he can beat people down field as well.

If he was 6-1 he might be WR 1 in this class.

Moore or Bateman at #18 to go with Sewell would work for me.

I would prefer Chase/Darrisaw but not by that much. A both of them may well be gone when the Fins pick anyway.
Agree. Love Elijah Moore.

Also, would slightly prefer Chase/Darrisaw if Miami went that route.

If Pitts and Chase are gone, I have them ranked in this order:
Waddle
Sewell
Parsons
D Smith

I’d could get behind trading down as far as 13 with the Chargers, who could want Sewell, but prefer to drop to 9 and take one of the above.

As mentioned above I might trade down only as far as Denver. That way you get one of the 3 of Waddle, Smith, or Sewell.

I can't decide between Smith and Waddle. One day I love Smith. The next day I love Waddle. I like Sewell just as much.

However, I think there is a bigger drop off with the next batch of WRs from Smith/Waddle than from Sewell (and Slater - both of whom are likely top 10-12). As a result I favor drafting Smith or Waddle.

If we traded down to 9 and Sewell and one of the receivers were on the board I'd draft one and try to trade up for the other - I see so much value plus need there. Or if I traded down and either Smith or Waddle and both Sewell and Slater were on the board I would draft the receiver and then try to use that ammo to trade back up and land either Sewell or Slater.

Back
Top Bottom