Would you say the Colt's management is smarter than the Dolphins? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Would you say the Colt's management is smarter than the Dolphins?

snake eyes

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Ok here is why i ask. Ross is getting bashed on his hapless coaching search. I'm not a big ross fan but let's be fair. The colts are looking at the same retread coaches that Ross is looking at. So why arent the colts subject to the same media speculation the dolphins are? Andrew Luck that's why! Why do you think the Charges kept Norv Turner this year? They looked at the potential coaching pool and decided what they had was still better than what was out there. When we had Sparano we wanted him gone so he's gone now and there are only so many coaches out there to choose from. All the big names are off the table and fisher isnt worth 7 million a year! I will tell you this, I dont know what Ireland passed over on Nolan. Not even an interview that puzzles me. So Ross pulled the trigger on sparano and no matter who he chooses I have to believe it will be an upgrade. Bottom line every time its all about the QB! You have one and a monkey can coach your team. You dont your fired.

I think Nolan was passed over because he checked out this year. Our 0 - 7 start had a lot to do with the Defense. I personally feel Nolan gave up on us and am not upset that we did not consider him for HC. Also, Ross wants and I agree that we need and Offensive minded coach at the helm.

So why arent the colts subject to the same media speculation the dolphins are?
Who says they aren't?

The fans and local media for every team in flux are all running around screaming The sky is falling, it's not just the Dolphins.

It's not really the same. The colts built a new stadium, won a superbowl and have been very successful and profitable for some time now. They are 100% in rebuilding mode now.

We have been spinning our wheels in rebuilding mode for decades now. All the fins fans keep pointing to Shula & Marino, but the Bills walloped us for YEARS back when Shula & Marino were here. We have been wallowing in mediocrity for decades now

The difference between the Colts and the Dolphins over the last decade plus is Peyton Manning. That's it. Every disastrous, misguided mistake since Dan Marino stepped away has been a direct, proximate result of our inability to address the QB situation. It's that simple. And if the Colts had gone the Ryan Leaf route rather than the Manning route? There's at least a decent chance that the Colts would be mired in the same sub-mediocrity as our Fins -- you could point to the Chargers and say they recovered from the Leaf debacle not once but twice, by scoring on Brees and Rivers. No guarantee the Colts do the same, and despite their impressive resume and record, the Polians are suddenly rather suspect. If they are the geniuses we have been led to believe, how can losing Manning render them utterly non-competitive? You would think they should have amassed enough talent to be a 6 win team even without Manning, if the Polians are as good at the draft and free agency as reputed.

I can put together a staff at a pre school and that would be smarter than the Dolphins' front office.

The main difference is the owner. The GM for the colts has been empowered to make decisions. The owner holds the GM accountable. That is the correct way to run a franchise. I hope that Ross empowers Ireland and holds him accountable. That would be a nice change.

I think the Colts are well on there way to being as dysfunctional. I just read on PFT they interviewed Spags for a DC job with Jim Caldwell. 24 hours later Caldwell was given his pink slips? Logics behind that? Sometimes I think there's so much more going on behind the scenes then we think. There is always more then meets the eye.

Peyton Manning for a decade, and now Andrew Luck for a decade. Call it smarts... call it dumb luck... whatever... they solved our biggest problem twice before we ever came close to solving it once.

I think the Colts are well on there way to being as dysfunctional. I just read on PFT they interviewed Spags for a DC job with Jim Caldwell. 24 hours later Caldwell was given his pink slips? Logics behind that? Sometimes I think there's so much more going on behind the scenes then we think. There is always more then meets the eye.

There is no national media narrative that Irsay is a bad owner, so they're just going to gloss over that.

Totally different & yes, they are smarter. Plus they have had more recent success so its easier for the fans to endure the losing. Ours success was waaaaay back in the day. They are doing it the right way by cleaning everything out associated to the old (VP, GM, HC). Ross should have dumped Ireland too. Look at what they did in Oakland. Everybody's out. Ireland is still part of the problem. Damn u Parcells!!! Wayne, please buy the team back!

Ok here is why i ask. Ross is getting bashed on his hapless coaching search. I'm not a big ross fan but let's be fair. The colts are looking at the same retread coaches that Ross is looking at. So why arent the colts subject to the same media speculation the dolphins are? Andrew Luck that's why! Why do you think the Charges kept Norv Turner this year? They looked at the potential coaching pool and decided what they had was still better than what was out there. When we had Sparano we wanted him gone so he's gone now and there are only so many coaches out there to choose from. All the big names are off the table and fisher isnt worth 7 million a year! I will tell you this, I dont know what Ireland passed over on Nolan. Not even an interview that puzzles me. So Ross pulled the trigger on sparano and no matter who he chooses I have to believe it will be an upgrade. Bottom line every time its all about the QB! You have one and a monkey can coach your team. You dont your fired.

So does the same philosophy apply if you have a Monkey for and GM and a Monkey for an Owner ?

There is no national media narrative that Irsay is a bad owner, so they're just going to gloss over that.

I agree although getting rid of the Polian's wasn't seen very lightly by many not only around Indy but around the nation. The 2nd move would have to be including a lameduck caldwell in the interview process knowing he wasn't going to be part of the plans. Jeff Saturday has indicated he is retiring and Peyton wants out...not sure if things are brewing as well as they should be up there.

Totally different & yes, they are smarter. Plus they have had more recent success so its easier for the fans to endure the losing. Ours success was waaaaay back in the day. They are doing it the right way by cleaning everything out associated to the old (VP, GM, HC). Ross should have dumped Ireland too. Look at what they did in Oakland. Everybody's out. Ireland is still part of the problem. Damn u Parcells!!! Wayne, please buy the team back!

Isn't Wayne the guy that **** the bed bringing Parcells.

Isn't Wayne the guy that **** the bed bringing Parcells.

Yes but he had the right idea by getting a football czar & cleaning house. He just chose the wrong person or Parcells' philosophy was 10 yrs behind.

Everytime Ross opens his mouth, he sticks his foot into it. like..
  • Chad Henne will be the best QB in franchise history
  • A young Don Shula
  • Select a coach that will be in the HOF someday

I could go on but u get the point.

Back
Top Bottom