Would you take any of these guys over Wanny?? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Would you take any of these guys over Wanny??

Muck

Now completely imaginary
☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
On his show today, Joe Zegacki read a list from an un-named publication that listed the "Top 5 Coaches on the Rise". And he asked the same question that I am going to ask.

Would you choose any of these guys to coach your team over Dave Wannstedt??

1. Butch Davis
2. Dick Jauron
3. Herman Edwads
4. Dave McGinnis
5. Mike Sherman

Like Zegacki, I wouldn't take any of these guys over Wanny and feel that Dave is pretty underrated as a coach.

I liked Butch in Miami as the Canes coach, but then his named changed to Bitch when he left.:evil: I think ol' Wanny is right where he needs to be and he'll do a better job than any of those other guys in Miami this year.:cool:

I think it is a toguh question to answer. But I would take Butch over Dave due to his ability to recognize talent a little better than Dave.

That said I like what Dave has done for the most part but has not shown a killer instinct as of yet.

Let's remember a coach hasn't really turned a team into his team until the 3rd year of his coaching it. This is the year for Wanny to show us.If we do well than we got a good one, if not than we may have to make a move.

As a last bit, Wanny has proven me wrong before and I hope he does again.I was not a fan of his hiring and he's done well.I would have replaced Jay last year but he played well down stretch. Let's hope he proves me wrong again.

Originally posted by Muck
On his show today, Joe Zegacki read a list from an un-named publication that listed the "Top 5 Coaches on the Rise". And he asked the same question that I am going to ask.

1. Butch Davis
2. Dick Jauron
3. Herman Edwads
4. Dave McGinnis
5. Mike Sherman

Like Zegacki, I wouldn't take any of these guys over Wanny and feel that Dave is pretty underrated as a coach.

No, I wouldn't.

Originally posted by Muck

1. Butch Davis
2. Dick Jauron
3. Herman Edwads
4. Dave McGinnis
5. Mike Sherman

1. Butch Davis--hes ok, but still hasnt proved anything
2. Dick Jauron--1 lucky season
3. Herman Edwads--Since when is he a good coach?
4. Dave McGinnis--What excatly has he done? Whats he doing on this list?
5. Mike Sherman--he's still feeding off of Holmgrens leftovers

At this point I will stick w/Wanny....

If mooch or Chucky were on here I think I would change to any of those 2.

The Vikings BTW beat the Phins last time they played and they went to the Championship game and lost in OT. That's closer than Wanny has taken us you know.

I would take Butch over Dave in a second. I don't want to start bashing him because I want him to sucsede here so bad, but I am not a big fan of Dave. If Norv turns this offense in to what most think he will then Dave will have payed off. The reason I would pick Butch over Dave is I like how Butch pulls his teams together, and they never quit. Dave has struggled with getting Miami up for big games, and keeping them focused when things don't start the way they has hoped. I couldn't stand watching the 2nd Jets, 49ers, Rams, and Ravens games last season. You could see our team just quit out there(most of all the defense). It is one thing to lose but to quit playing half way thru makes me sick. After watching what could happen late in a game against the Jets you would think this team more than any would know that a game is nevewr over. A great coach in my book would never let that happen once, moreless 4 times in one season. My other problem with him is his staff is to mellow. It is fine that he is laid back, but if i was him knowing that about myself i would get a DC that would play the bad cop(ala JJ).

Originally posted by Phinstd
The Vikings BTW beat the Phins last time they played and they went to the Championship game and lost in OT. That's closer than Wanny has taken us you know.

Not true. The Vikings lost the championship in OT during the '98-'99 season. The last time they beat us was in 2000. And they won 13-7 up in the dome. Yeah, they made it to the championship. But they got beat down 41-0 by the Giants.

Also, Denny Green coached the Vikings 10 seasons. Wanny has coached 2. Not really fair to compare just yet.

Last edited by a moderator:
right now, no way ! B Davis may prove to be a better coach, but has not yet.

Originally posted by Dajesus
I would take Butch over Dave in a second. I don't want to start bashing him because I want him to sucsede here so bad, but I am not a big fan of Dave.

I was not a big fan of Dave being the coach here at first but he has done an excellent job so far.

As for Butch Davis, all I can say is there were many Canes fans calling for this guys head, including myself. He is not a great game day coach, but is EXCELLENT at evlauating talent.

Though it would be hard for me to win every arguement about him, I would not want him here.......not yet anyway!

He does a lot of things JJ did but with more ethics behind them!

all wanny has done here is win...11-5 in each of his 2 years...j.j. never went 11-5...he has done a good job with the help of spielman on personel...his drafts have been good...the players seem to like him...he has no ego...he seems to push the right buttons...but now he has to take this team to the next level...another blowout loss in the playoffs is unacceptable...

I would definitely stick with Wanny at this point, however, if I were given a first alternate it would be Mike Sherman; I'm really impressed with the way the guy's handled things over in GB. I also have to disagree that he's feeding off Holmgren's table scraps considering almost the entire team has turned over since then. Also, the same could actually be said of Wanny (no I'm not saying this, just playing Devil's advocate) since he's still playing with most of the roster that J.J. set up on defense.

Back
Top Bottom