Would You take Tampa's 1st & Third | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Would You take Tampa's 1st & Third

phillyphinphan said:
This is a rehashed story but I just read on ESPN's rumor mill that Rodgers is 90% likely to be a 49er. With that said, that leaves Smith who everyone knows(or thinks) Gruden is in love with, if Gruden is enamoured with smith he would have to get to no. 2 to assure himself of his future franchise QB. Again this is all stuff that is widely known, however, if TB does not part with their 1st & 2nd would you accept their 1st & 3rd. Personally I would listen and would close the deal if they offered a 3rd in 06 as well or maybe a 4th this year, your thought?

if we did that.....so cheaply....the browns or any other team wanting a qb would beat that trade.....

Dol-Fan Dupree said:
I would rather draft Smith than trading for a 1st and a 3rd.

Same here. Besides that - I read that Gruden really likes Rodgers as well! So, who is to say.

I think the rumors are a lot less true these days. Teams are starting to wise up and it's not as much like in the past when a reporter had a good friend on a team who would feed him very true info. More teams are becoming unwilling to reveal themselves. They are learning the Belichick model. They won't always be as quiet as Saban, but they are getting less likely to spill the beans.

It could be true of Rodgers, but, I'll believe it when I see it. Things change so much from day to day.

Would swapping there first for our first plus this years 2nd and next years 2nd be a good value or trade?

I would not trade our 2nd pick for TB's 1st and 3rd rounder...but I would take a 1st rounder this year and a 2nd next year for TB's.

I would definately take their first this year, second this year and a first next year for Alex Smith, if they were willing. I would highly consider if they gave us their 1st, 3rd, 5th this year and a first next year. The only way Saban should do this trade is if we get an additional first day pick this year and next years first. For example look at what San Diego did last year.

Back
Top Bottom