Would You take Tampa's 1st & Third | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Would You take Tampa's 1st & Third

phillyphinphan

Active Roster
Reaction score
This is a rehashed story but I just read on ESPN's rumor mill that Rodgers is 90% likely to be a 49er. With that said, that leaves Smith who everyone knows(or thinks) Gruden is in love with, if Gruden is enamoured with smith he would have to get to no. 2 to assure himself of his future franchise QB. Again this is all stuff that is widely known, however, if TB does not part with their 1st & 2nd would you accept their 1st & 3rd. Personally I would listen and would close the deal if they offered a 3rd in 06 as well or maybe a 4th this year, your thought?

We wouldn't get what the #2 is worth, but I would consider taking it. Its only 2 spots, and honestly, I believe the player we want, will still be there for us to pick.

I'd take almost any trade down offer.

We need more picks to build for the future.

Besides, moving to #5 overall would still get us our choice of RBs.

I wouldnt take just a 3rd. It's not worth the jump id take a 2nd and 3rd or a 1st rounder next year.

If they just gave us a 1st and 2nd I would say no, much less a 1st and a 3rd. We will likely lose out on Brown because of this trade. maybe a !st, 2nd, and 3rd (they do have 2 3rd's). Maybe a 1st , both 3rds, and a 5th. Maybe I am hoping for too much??

Mile High Fin said:
I'd take almost any trade down offer.

and thats why you are not Nick Saban, thank god.

you can't just accept any old offer.

Nick will get value, or he will laugh in Jon's face if he tries to lowball him

If we were smart we would go after Tampas first this year and next year but I havent seen the value chart so I dotn know if that is possible.

We should try asking for the rights to chris simms and a 3rd round pick along with there 1st

1st and 2nd > stick to it Saban, wouldnt it be awsome if we traded down and got a second, and then another second from Surtain..........all of a sudden the team that did not have a second now has 2 seconds....

I'd want both of their 3rds in this years draft and at least a 2nd in next years.

why do you want chris simms??? his dad was overrated, and so was he out of college.. and he hasnt done anything to prove he could be better than either of our 2 QBs.. i mean i would hope he has a better career than ferrotte, but that isnt saying much.

Look- if Smith is as good as advertised and people think this highly of him, I'd rather take him and have OUR franchise QB for the next 12 years. I'm sick of all these other teams having franchise QB's and not us. We've had garbage QB play since Marino retired and it's unacceptable. You know the old rule: if you have the chance to draft a franchise QB, you do it. No if's, and's, or but's. I know we have a lot of holes, but if Saban thinks as highly of Smith as everyone else, we should take him and not look back.

Back
Top Bottom