Would you take Taylor Mays at #40 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Would you take Taylor Mays at #40

normaniii

Active Roster
Reaction score
Would you take Taylor Mays at #40?

To think that we started with picks at #12 & #44 and ended up with Marshall, Odrick & possibly Mays, I would be delighted.

BP, Ireland & Nolan seem to prefer that FS/SS hybrid and Mays fits that mould.

With the signing of Marshall & Odrick I havnt go a clue which way this FO will go this year, maybe even Charles Brown, Saffold or A.Benn.

I would be delighted with Kindle/Griffin

he is a Roy Williams JR so i would pass on him i would rather have Burnett or Nate Allen

I do not think he would be a bad pick up has great speed so his covering ability can be taught. He is very raw still but a good option. Has great size a real mike nolan type S.....

Just say no to Taylor Mayes. now if we were playing lets run in straight lines and be big then I would love to take Mayes. But we're not, and he's not good. Plus we all know that Al Davis won't pass on that kid twice.

If nobody else is there, yeah. Why not at this point?

Only if he's converted to a linebacker. He can't play safety at this level. He's just too fundamentally flawed. He'll get toasted as an NFL safety. I think he'd be GREAT as a linebacker.

Taylor Mays would have to add at least 15 pounds of muscle to move to OLB in our 3-4 defense. Mays is not a free safety because he doesn't have a smooth turning motion and would be horribly exposed in the NFL as a free safety. He's one of those guys who runs a 4.37 but it's straight line speed. Maybe as a strong safety he may be okay but other then that...hell no!!!

Taylor Mays would have to add at least 15 pounds of muscle to move to OLB in our 3-4 defense. Mays is not a free safety because he doesn't have a smooth turning motion and would be horribly exposed in the NFL as a free safety. He's one of those guys who runs a 4.37 but it's straight line speed. Maybe as a strong safety he may be okay but other then that...hell no!!!

We're talking about Taylor Mays here...I'm sure it would be no problem for Taylor Mays to put on some additional weight.

I think he will be gone at #40! But I would like to know if we have any other safety left on the board ranked ahead of him

I'd rather take Nate Allen by a mile...MAYS IS OVERRATED BIG TIME! This guy will not be a S in the NFL.

Back
Top Bottom