Would you trade #5 (1700 draft points) and #18 (900 draft points) for #2 (2600 draft points) | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Would you trade #5 (1700 draft points) and #18 (900 draft points) for #2 (2600 draft points)

Too many quality players in this draft to give away picks for anyone except an elite QB prospect.

It is hard to understand, but with today's rules you just can't hold on to a dominate defense for any length of time. Therefore you really need to get an offense first. In this draft, assuming we pick QB at 5, you are likely to see the better OT's gone by 18 and the centers and guards a reach at that pick. It might make sense to pick defense then (or WR really) as we have enough picks to afford a luxury. That means we darn well need to be sure we can get someone like Austin Jackson at 1C and Josh Jones at 2A. 2B could be the next best center or RB (I'd roll with Kilgore and Bohem at center). Because if we hope to advance this team we need a pair of quality OT's and RB's more than anything else (assuming we get guards in the FA market). Worry about DE's, CB's, Safety's, and LB's next year after we establish an offensive identity.

There are DE's and DT's in the later rounds that could fit our needs as I think we will look more to scheme and blitz to generate sacks.

Too many quality players in this draft to give away picks for anyone except an elite QB prospect.

To me its coming away as strong at QB, Weak at RB, DE, CB, WR.. Average on just about every other position
DE's outside of Chase Young are pretty bad not a fan of many in this draft.

This draft to me seems a little on the weak side but now's about the time I really start delving into watching prospects anyways. Off the first glance though this draft doesn't seem that loaded at all.

Only reason to trade up would be for Burrow at 1. We’d have to give up all 3 of our firsts but I think he’s the real deal. I’d do it

I think it would require more than that as compensation no?

I’d be OK throwing in an additional 2nd. Or even one of next year’s firsts.

You’re giving up your “extra” draft capital to get the franchise QB...and you still have draft picks in 2020 & 2021 to build with (in addition to cap space).

You really think Tua won't be there at 5?

No I think Tua will check out medically and look great in try outs and with his history jumping up to at least the Lions pick will be our only choice. Sure its a gamble he stays healthy but I was around for Brees and we have been licking that wound for years.

We trashed the roster this year which should have landed us the number 1 pick and if Tua had not gotten injured that last time he would be pick# 1 and we would have had no chance.

We gave away a mid to later 1st rounder and a high 4th for our young pro Bowl safty poor deal in hind sight.

Our all pro left tackle this year is netting us almost a 2nd and 3rd round pick. Not a great deal so far.

Lets swing for the fences for Tua this time instead of sitting in our rocking chairs complaining about what could have been.

Only for burrow. Maybe the browner I mean bungles will shock us all

No but I’d do it for Burrow...and I’d throw in the Patriots, Bengals, and Jets wins.

Back
Top Bottom